Update by user Aug 08, 2013

I have now called LG with no explanation from them why this refrigerator didn't last longer. Whirlpool refrigerator is now in my kitchen and I am hoping and praying it will last longer than this foreign model.

Note to anyone who is shopping for a refrigerator - KENMORE'S ELITE MODELS ARE BUILT BY LG! The sales person at Sears told me that.

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2013

On Thursday I noticed the ice maker not functioning properly. By Friday morning condensation on frozen items in freezer which just got worse.

Moved unit away from the wall and removed bottom panel to vacuum, a minimal amount of dust on fan which was wiped off. Plugged unit back in and sounded like it was running, but the fan wasn't. By Saturday it died. Looked online and found others with similar problems saying once you call the tech to come fix it they never stop coming.

It is just one thing after another. I would have considered this option if I hadn't read one persons experience with the plastic housing around the front lighting melting from extreme heat and thought it was a fire hazard. How can I leave my home with pets to go to work, lunch or dinner and not worry about this unit burning my house down. I will never buy another product of theirs and I will pass the word along to anyone who will listen.

I really got screwed paying $1,652.17 for the refrigerator PLUS all the food that has been thrown away not to mention the huge inconvenience.

I haven't called the company yet, but I am working up to it. I feel I am due compensation for buying this LEMON, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Comments