Filter by rating :
filters

LG rebate. No rebate after 11 weeks | Lg Electronics review from Phoenix, Arizona

When i called the rebate center they said it would take 6 to 8 weeks after their approval date which is 8 weeks after they received it.So it appears that all in all I will have to wait 16 weeks before the rabate can be expected. After I long hold time I finally reached a customer service rep who either had heard the same song all day or simply did not care. Will also write to Home Depot since the paperwork they give out on behalf of LG is misleading. Delivery and installation were great and the washer and dryer work fine. Vaccuum is very heavy and not worth the $400.00

I called them too,almost throughout 4 months.

Its been 10 weeks, no rebate in sight

we are still waiting for our rebate too!

View more comments (2)
Lg Electronics Dryer
Loss

LG headset HBM-235, bought from FRY's and the rebate is a scam. | Lg Electronics review from Irvine, California

My friend and I bought the LG HBM-235 from FRY's and we sent in the rebate with certified mail including the rebate receipt and UPC code. The certified mail can verify they did receive the rebate. But, they can still *** with the false claim that they did not receive the UPC label by lying about the missing UPC. Don't buy anything from LG with a rebate!!! Also, LG is doing the rebate thru a company called "The Advertising Checking Bureau, Inc." Both companies are running the scam. They can make good money just by dropping a percentage of the buyers who sent the rebate, and, for each false claim they made, they make the rebate back!!!

LG sucks

I am one of you guys. I have created a group on facebook for this. search for "LG bluetooth - Headset scam" and join.

I bought 2 headsets and sent my rebate forms Dec 15, 2010 after taping BOTH UPC codes and HIGHLIGHTING the order that I had purchased TWO. Last week, I received a rebate check for ONE headset.

I called them and they told me to fax another copy of the order showing I had purchased 2.

So far, nothing. If I do not get my 2nd rebate, I will never buy LG products again!!

Yes I also received letter saying rebate is denied because receipt was not included. I am 100% sure I included the receipt. It is totally scam ...

Absolutely true. Do not trust LG rebate offers.

They got me once. Never again.

I thought it's a scam at first but I later found out that the status can be tracked on:

acbpromotions.com/lgacc

I submitted the rebate forms late in December 2010. The website above, however, shows the forms were received on Jan 18, 2011. The rebate statuses are "approved". Hopefully the checks would come soon.

I bought it 3 months already but i haven't got any reply from them at all. :(

I just received the same letter and I cannot believe it! I am still stunned.

Same exact thing. I KNOW FOR A FACT that the UPC was there and also I TAPED it to the form!

LAST LG PRODUCT PURCHASE EVER!!! Period.

View more comments (7)
Lg Electronics Refrigerator
I bought a new LG Hi Definition LCD tv and have been disappointed from day one. The TV had a lip-sync problem, the sound doesn't match the picture. LG blames it on my cable box (I don't even have one)and say's it's not the TV, yet no other TV's have the problem. Next,...

LG is a joke. 6 years ago I have purchased a LCD TV for almost 1400 USD.

After few days I exchanged it then few days later I decided to get my money back. Since then their logo is like a punched face in the eye...

View more comments
Loss

LG 47" 3 D TV Purchased but never gotten | Lg Electronics review from Harlingen, Texas

We purchased a 47"LG 3 D TV bundle on 11-29-2010 in Harlingen, got it financed with a 4 year warranty and were told that there were 60 available in the warehouse. We were told that the TV should arrive in a few days from San Antonio. I have been calling the store on a regular basis, but I am being told that there aren't any in the warehouse, and that none have been ordered. So what exactly does this mean? They tried to convince me to buy another TV, that would cost more and I would have to by the blu-ray player and the glasses seperate. I just want what I bought or give me something that is comparable and includes all the extras. As far as I'm concerened Conn's has a problem, and I just want it fixed. Does the word lawsuit mean anything?
Lg Electronics Tv

LG - Still waiting for rebate 12 wks later.... | Lg Electronics review from Scranton, Pennsylvania

I purchased an LG washer/dryer and vacuum combo in August from HH Gregg. Paid a whopping $3500 for the washer/dryer pair and an additional $400 for the vacuum which would technically be "Free" after a mail in rebate for $400. I submitted my rebate a week later and called in early October to check on the status, I was told it was approved and I would be receiving my rebate in a few weeks. It was promised in 6-8 weeks. Well it is now December (12 weeks) and I have never recieved my rebate. I have called several times and am repeatedly told they do not have a release date for the rebate and can not give me any idea on when i may (if ever) receive the rebate. I have left messages for supervisors (Tim) and have never received a single return phone call. The vacuum *** and I have already called for service on the Washe because the door is leaking on December 2nd only to be told they can not get it serviced until December 13th at the earliest! I would never recommend LG products and am completely disgusted with their customer service/relations.
Review

LG rebate for dishwasher from Home Depot | Lg Electronics review from Rochester, New York

I purchased a LG Dishwasher based on their sign that I would receive a 10% rebate equating to 79.00. Come to find out that Dishwashers are not and never were a part of the rebate. Home Depot claimed its my electric carrier that is not partaking in the rebate but the # on the actual rebate form is what I called and they said dishwashers were NEVER part of a rebate program. What a scam to sell a dishwasher. Shame on you Home Depot. At least own up to the fact that you lied or at least made a mistake.
Review
#209294 Review #209294 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

It's not a lemon, it's a POS! | Lg Electronics review from Washington, District Of Columbia

French Door, Bottom freezer, bought 07/2010, first repair 10/2010, second repair 11/2010. LG CSR (Glen) needed to be turned over his momma's knees and spanked while she had the chance, I offered; and LG needs to stay in Korea. We were given an old refrigerator to transfer to when the $1100.00 LG went goes out :-0. Here's what I was told...should have bought the extended warranty, so that's what we have come to? Why don't you just slap the cost of the extended warranty onto the price tag and make it better? No more LG for this hard working American family. I can throw my money out my window all by myself! DON'T BUY LG! If you need or desire additional information regarding this email me at jvcdean@hotmail.com.

LG Banter Touch phone....POS!!! I would never buy anything LG again or use Metro PCS, this phone is *** & I've had nonstop problems ever since I bought it, now they are finally admitting there is something wrong with it & replacing it after numerous phone calls & going back to the corp.

office. I would NEVER recommend their terrible service or LG phones to anyone...stay far away!!!

I'm sorry but I fail to feel sorry for you guys. To my opinion buying Korean products really is looking problems. I would not buy any Korean car, fridge, TV, cell phone or else.

I have looked at many reviews of LG products and ALL of them seem to have the same failings...they sell a POS! Save yourself and don't buy these *** products. Soon they will change their name again from the original Gold Star appliances to LG, then to another name to try to confuse the consumer but we are on to you and your rip off tactics!

i bought the tracfone lg420g prepaid phone from 'life's good for millionaires'. the phone charged me $.03 every time i composed and saved a text message for future delivery even though i used no airtime.

tracfone made me call technical support from my home phone 8 times for 2 weeks (they kept hanging up on me) and enter hundreds of keystrokes AND READ THEM THE RESPONSE CODES diagnosing the problem on my own time like i was an unpaid technician. then they deactivated my phone leaving me with no cellphone at all while i was waiting for the replacement to arrive, and sent a replacement phone with no battery, charger, or back cover. the replacement phone 'died' a week after i activated it (according to tracfone) but it is behaving exactly the same way the first phone did when they deactivated it on me so i guess they deactivated the second phone too. then they sent me another replacement phone but i had to call 6 more times to get them to acknowledge the $200 worth of minutes i prepaid.

every time i call they tell me they cannot tell how many minutes i have. how can they not know how many minutes i have? their own corporate accounting computer authorizes all phones and time cards at the point of sale through something like visa (to prevent shoplifting theft since stolen phones and time cards do not work) and credits and debits all the phones per use so that it can deactivate them automatically once their prepaid minutes and/or term of service are exhausted.

same with my sons phone his lg600 died after a month and had to be replaced too. tracfone sells only *** phones and lg is ***.

Most things sold now days are programed to *** out just after the warranty coverage is gone. Maybe 3 years use is common for the money you spend on anything.

I like wise bought a 42" lg lcd tv only to have the tunner go bad. lg basicily told me they would send some one to look at it for 80 bucks then the board was two hundered.

after doing some reserch there was a flash rom update , but lg told me to go sit and spin.

my tv still does not work properly . LG= lousy grabage

Bought an LG stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator in 2010 believing advertisement that it was an "energy saver". Applied for rebate and found out it was removed from listing.

Found out after installation it doesn't have levelers under back of unit. Called company asking for resolution.

No help given. Had to build a ramp to level it so food didn't roll out of the door when it was open.

James G

A company to avoid, for sure. The LG101 phone (Radio Shack/Virgin Mobile) is the worst phone imaginable. Totally illogical, the limited "features" are generally not documented sufficiently to make them usable.

#222011

LG is the former Gold Star Appliances.

Real *** not long ago!

#222009

:cry We bought a LG washer and dryer from Home Depot. The biggest pile ever made sounds like a thrashing machine when they do come out it takes 3 months and they dont fix anything BEWARE VERY BAD STUFF DONT BUY

IN 2007 I BOUGHT A 60' FLAT SCREEN TV FOR $2,900. I BOUGHT THE 2 YR EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR $500.

I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING AND 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE WARRANTY EXPIRED, THE TV STOPPED WORKING. I CALLED LG AND THEY SAID I HAD NO WARRANTY. THEY GAVE ME THE NAME OF AN LG REPAIR MAN. HE WANTED $800 TAKE IT.

THE PARTS AND LABOR WERE ADDITIONAL CHARGE. I DISMISSED HIM. THEN I CALLED THE STORE WHERE I KNOW I HAD PAID FOR AN EXTENDED WARANTY. THE STORE I HAD ONE.

THEY SENT A TECHNICIAN. HE HAD NO PROBLEM DIAGNOSING THE PROB. HE SAID HE'D RETURN IN 2 WEEKS WITH THE PART. MEANWHILE THE TV IS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FLOOR.

2 WEEKS LATER HE RETURNS WITH THE BOX OF PARTS. LG SENT HIM THE WRONG PARTS. I HAD TO WAIT OVER 6 WKS FOR THE RIGHT PARTS TO COME IN WHILE TRYING TO SELL MY HOUSE WITH THIS TV IN THE MIDDLE OF MY ROOM. I FINALLY SOLD THE HOUSE BUT COULDN'T TAKE THE TV...IT WAS TOO BIG.

I TRIED TO GET ANOTHER WARRANTY FOR IT.

LG SAID I COULD ONLY BUY ONE FOR $1,200/YEAR. I WAS FORCED TO SELL THE TV FOR $300

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED LG=LOTSA GAUL

View more comments (10)
Review
#209153 Review #209153 is a subjective opinion of poster.

LG lemons | Lg Electronics review from Houston, Texas

I bought an LG LCD HDTV in Sptember 2007 at a cost of $850. In October 2008 the motherboard was fried. After paying a $108 diagnostic fee, I was quoted $850 to repair it. LG agreed to repair it for free. In October 2010, the TV has more motherboard issues. LG quoted a $75 diagnostic fee but will not cover the repair or parts. The supervisor I spoke with explained that with higher technology and more computer parts there is a higher chance of malfunctions. I have a 15 year old Magnavox that has never had an issue. Warning to all those who purchase LG electronics; They Sell Lemons and they claim no responsibility or accountability for their faulty products. Needless to say, I will nerver purchase another LG product and will not recommend one to anyone I know.
#219231

Many years ago, LG was known in the U.S as Lucky Gold, and had an absolutely *terrible* reputation for quality. They disappeared from the market for several years and returned as LG.

I've had limited experience with them recently, but their small electronics seem about average. It seems though that the corporate culture has stayed in the stone age.

Review
#209146 Review #209146 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Disappointed | Lg Electronics review from Tamarac, Florida

Save yourself the headache and don't buy LG refrigerator. It is a piece of ***. Purchased the refrigerator 11/18/10 and it never worked. Now waiting on tech to come and fix it. My food is spoiled. What a bad timing since thanksgiving is right up on us and I had a lot of food in the fridge. I am now learning that their product is *** and I will never purchase another LG product again. Such a disappointment. Buying a new expensive product and it does not work. Lets see what the tech person has to say.
#219240

Obviously the manufacturer was refering to themselves when they came up with "LG"

(Life's Good) as their logo. As far as I'm concerned they need to switch "LG" to "GL" (Guaranteed Lemon).

Review
#208510 Review #208510 is a subjective opinion of poster.

LG Customer Service Worthless | Lg Electronics review from Chillicothe, Ohio

If you have the misfortune to have wasted money on a shoddy LG appliance so not bother calling "customer service." The "customer service" reps do not know anything about any of the appliances they sell and apparently the company likes it that way. I have managed to have 4 issues in the three short years I have had an LG Washer, dryer and dishwasher. None of my customer services experiences have been anything but terrible. All the customer service reps do is give you another phone number to call to order parts, or give you phone number of local repair person for you to call. Most of us are able to find out this information without LG wasting office space for someone to answer your call. I can't believe they actually pay someone to answer the phone and say "All I can do is give you the parts number." Pathetic.
Review
#207091 Review #207091 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service