2.0

In November of 2018, I purchased a beautiful LG Refrigerator from Lowe's. 2 months to the date of purchase, I awoke to find that the food in the bottom freezer was thawing out & the ice was melting.

I referred to the owner's manual in attempt to see if I could locate the problem myself before calling customer service, to no avail. I contacted customer service & spoke with a nice woman who read a scripted instructions asking me to check several things before finally telling me she couldn't locate what the problem was & telling me that she would be sending a technician to my home to address the problem. This was a Thursday. The tech wouldn't be coming to my home until Monday!

I had to go 5 days with no refrigerator. I advised the C.S. rep that all the food would spoil since the refrigerator was not cooling. She told me that LG would reimburse me for the food that had to be discarded.

The following day a different C.S. rep (male) contacted me & had me go over the same instructions that the other C.S. rep had me go over the day before. When those same instructions failed to solve the problem, he advised me that a technician would be coming to my home on Monday, which I already knew.

Before hanging up, I politely asked him about reimbursing me for the food that I either had to give away or throw out because it would have spoiled if I had kept it. He flatly said "NO". I told him that the C.S. rep that I had spoken to the day before had told me that I would.

He apologized & said that I had been "misinformed" by that rep & that the reimbursement program that LG offered was the "EXTENDED WARRANTY" . Imagine that, the extended warranty is the reimbursement program offered by LG is the same extended warranty that I PAID EXTRA FOR when I purchased the refrigerator!!!! That's a laugh!!! Well Monday arrived & so did the technician.

He was courteous & professional. He checked the refrigerator & diagnosed the problem. It turned out to be a manufacturer's defect, all the Freon had leaked out of a faulty joint. He would have to order the part & return when it arrived.

The refrigerator could not be repaired until 2 days later. Almost 7 days without a refrigerator! A refrigerator that was only 2 months old!!!!!!!! About $200.00 in food, milk, juice, frozen vegetables ,ice cream either given away or discarded.

I cooked 3 days worth of meat to last but even that was a lot of food to keep on hand in a refrigerator that wasn't cooling. So my question is...… Can any one give me an honest & direct answer as to whether or not I will be reimbursed for the cost of the food I lost or not????

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Lfxs29626S Refrigerator.

I liked: Design and function of products when working properly.

I didn't like: Customer service does not care and does not help.

Comments