Aug. 8, 2015

They are worst company and have the worst products!

I don't know how LG got on the top 10 list of Consumers Report for the top 10 AC window units. But they shouldn't be on there at ALL. I bought an 18,00/12,000 BTU heat and cool air condition unit from Home Depot in Nov. 2010.

I have had the LG repair men out 6 times to repair this unit. Lucky it had 5 year warranty on it. (which you will never see that long of warranty ever again). I bought this unit for a 530 sq.

foot apartment which is will over the size I need for this size apartment. I made sure the tenants kept the filter clear (washable )and didn't mistreat the unit. I make inspection every 3 to 4 months. On 12-02-2012 I had to have a new Heating assembly replaced!

On 5-09-2014 I had to have the compressor replaced an the control panel. On 11-28-2014 I had to have the Heating assembly again replaced and from grill. On 7-07-2015 I had to have the compressor value welded for a hole leak in it. Then on 7-14-15 tenant called said its coming on and shutting off every 5 minutes.

They sent same repair man out again. He said now it needs a new compressor again (this is the second compressor). He told tenant he would be back on 7-17-2015 (2 days) and replace compressor. The he call on that day and tells the tenant the compressor is on back order and it would be 7 to 10 day before he can repair!

NO ONE CAN GO OVER A WEEK WITHOUT AC!! So I had to buy a 5,000BTU cooling AC for her bedroom so she had some comfort. I call the special Supervisor Customer Service line and spoke with Lance a supervisor and asked for a NEW AC unit of the same kind to replace the LEMON (of course he said NO). After arguing for over 30 minutes I asked for his supervisor of course they were all in a meeting!

This guy Lance was a complete ***, rude, disrespectful. LG does not back up their products. I think after 6 repairs that enough is enough and the service man was even surprised I didn't get a new AC from them! The service I got from Lg.

customer service was BULL! I could go into more detail about the problems and handling of customer service but I would have to write a book.

I'm trying to keep this somewhat short. Thank You for any help in this matter.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of lg air conditioner. Lg Electronics needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lg air conditioner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lg Electronics. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Maytag.

Comments