Aug. 8, 2015

They are worst company and have the worst products!

I don't know how LG got on the top 10 list of Consumers Report for the top 10 AC window units. But they shouldn't be on there at ALL. I bought an 18,00/12,000 BTU heat and cool air condition unit from Home Depot in Nov. 2010.

I have had the LG repair men out 6 times to repair this unit. Lucky it had 5 year warranty on it. (which you will never see that long of warranty ever again). I bought this unit for a 530 sq.

foot apartment which is will over the size I need for this size apartment. I made sure the tenants kept the filter clear (washable )and didn't mistreat the unit. I make inspection every 3 to 4 months. On 12-02-2012 I had to have a new Heating assembly replaced!

On 5-09-2014 I had to have the compressor replaced an the control panel. On 11-28-2014 I had to have the Heating assembly again replaced and from grill. On 7-07-2015 I had to have the compressor value welded for a hole leak in it. Then on 7-14-15 tenant called said its coming on and shutting off every 5 minutes.

They sent same repair man out again. He said now it needs a new compressor again (this is the second compressor). He told tenant he would be back on 7-17-2015 (2 days) and replace compressor. The he call on that day and tells the tenant the compressor is on back order and it would be 7 to 10 day before he can repair!

NO ONE CAN GO OVER A WEEK WITHOUT AC!! So I had to buy a 5,000BTU cooling AC for her bedroom so she had some comfort. I call the special Supervisor Customer Service line and spoke with Lance a supervisor and asked for a NEW AC unit of the same kind to replace the LEMON (of course he said NO). After arguing for over 30 minutes I asked for his supervisor of course they were all in a meeting!

This guy Lance was a complete ***, rude, disrespectful. LG does not back up their products. I think after 6 repairs that enough is enough and the service man was even surprised I didn't get a new AC from them! The service I got from Lg.

customer service was BULL! I could go into more detail about the problems and handling of customer service but I would have to write a book.

I'm trying to keep this somewhat short. Thank You for any help in this matter.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments