Verified Reviewer

On November 3, 2020, I called LG because it was the third time since August 2020 that our LG French 3-Door refrigerator stopped working. We had purchased the refrigerator on June 15, 2018, with a 3-year protection plan.

On November 9, 2020, a technician went to our house to look at the refrigerator for the third time and declared that it was non-fixable. He stated that we needed to provide him with the proof of purchase, so he can submit it to the protection plan company, so we could get a refund or exchange. I emailed him the proof of purchase on November 11, 2020. Since then, I have continuously contacted the company that provided us the protection plan to give us an update.

They stated that they had reached out to LG to request the report for the refrigerator. I also reached out to LG myself to see if I could do speed up the process. At this point they stated the same thing, which was that they needed the report from the service technician. I had attempted to contact the service technician myself, but he had not replied.

Customer service representatives have also attempted to contact the service technician with no luck. Apparently, my case is now considered escalated and the way that they said they would fix it was to have a technician look at the refrigerator again on December 23, 2020. It is now December 28, 2020, and no one showed up to our house or called us. We have been without a functioning refrigerator for 2 months and no one seems to be able to resolve this.

The technician and customer service representative have not provided us with any resolutions and our family of 8 does not know what to do anymore. One representative stated that on the records it shows that the last time someone went to check our refrigerator they stated that it was non-repairable, however they did not provide any notes or report.

At this point, we just want for them to force a non-repair report through even without the official report. Clearly the technicians aren't doing their job.

We want a refund for the refrigerator that we purchased before the protection plan ends in 6 months. We don't want to exchange it because we don't trust this company and their horrible customer service.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase and LG appliance, because not only is the quality below average, the customer service is beyond terrible and infuriating.

Lg Electronics Pros: And the warranty is worthless.

Lg Electronics Cons: Unconcern for dissatisfied customers, Customer service andf follow up deporable, No resolution to my problem, Bad quality product, Repair service.

Comments