1.8
Style and Design

I purchased LG OLED65G7P tv on May 8, 2017. This unit lists for $7000.

The unit totally failed on December 29, 2017. It shut down and would not come back on. Dealing with LG over this issue has been a nightmare to put it mildly (many hours on the phone and sending emails). Long story short, a technician was finally sent to repair it.

I asked if this individual was experienced with LG tvs and was assured he was. Your guessed it, this guy had never even seen a tv like this before and proceeded to pry, pull, and unscrew various screws to try to get the base open and access the electronics. No success. After 1.5 hours he gave up.

I requested a new tv from LG and was finally told that would occur. Twelve hours later I was informed (by Charles M at LG who passed himself off as the Regional Manager for the South East when in fact he is just a Supervisor over a few of the repair people that LG sends out to repair all of the problems with their items) that LG was going to send the same technician to try to get the unit open again. After a lengthy conversation, during which I requested again a new tv as originally specified, I was informed by Charles M based in Alabama that it was a take it or leave it deal. If I didn't consent to the second experiment with this technician that was it for LG.

The tv is still not fixed. This is just a brief summary of the nightmare that I have been dealing with LG. Please give serious consideration to purchasing some other brand of product as opposed to anything from LG and potentially dealing with the same nonsense from LG. I filed a similar review of the OLED tv on LGs website to warn others about the set and was sent a confirmation that my review would be posted.

No surprise to me but the review never showed up on the LG website. If anyone else is interested in joining forces so to speak and doing a social media blitz against these evil people or potentially being involved in a class action lawsuit against LG please let me know. These people at LG need to realize that us consumers have had enough of their lack of support for the items the company sells and the *** they put people through after the purchase and the product fails.

LG does not care about its products and more importantly its customers. I believe LG needs a wake up call.

Review about: Lg Electronics Tv Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments