Peterborough,England

Good Evening

I purchased an LG Washing Machine from your online store on the 27th August 2012.

The machine has progressively become noisier and isn't performing as it was when it was new. I think it's only a matter of time before it breaks down based on the noises coming from it. What is your policy on repairs, replacement or exchanges bearing in mind this product is less than six months old?

Can you please advise me on how to get this problem resolved with as little inconvenience to us as possible, being without a washing machine isn't an option in a household of four with two children.

Dear Mrs Cammarata,

Thank you for your email. I note your comments.

I would have liked to contact you by phone today however, we have been unable to locate a contact telephone number for you, please provide this in any future correspondence.

Please contact LG to arrange for an engineer to visit. As the washer is more than 28 days old a repair will have to be undertaken rather than an exchange.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Dear CURRYS & LG,

Complaint about faulty goods

I bought LG Washing Machine from you on 29th August 2012. I paid £600.

I now find the goods have the following fault:

The unit has become faulty and was reported to Currys on the 31st December 2012. Currys said after 28 days it's not their responsibility and forwarded me to LG. LG sent out an engineer on the 17th January 2013 leaving me without a washing machine for nearly three weeks. The engineer reported a manufacturing fault and said the machine was sub standard and needed the following parts to repair it. Front tub, rear tub, top spring, tub seal, door seal, bottom suspension dampers. He said it will take a week to get the parts and the machine will need to be totally stripped and rebuilt and would be in the workshop for approximately five days. I have told both Currys and LG the time scales are not acceptable nor are the defects for a four month old machine. I have wasted hours on the phone and emailing both Currys and LG who have failed to provide the customer service and product support expected with a large domestic appliance purchase. I have a family and two children and being without a washing machine is completely unacceptable and a considerable inconvenience. I also want recompense for my time and calls to both Currys and LG.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you provide a full refund.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Yours sincerely

Dear Mr Cammarata,

Thanks for your email, please accept my apologies for the delay in this response. I have been unable to contact you by telephone this morning.

I am sorry to learn that your washing machine has developed a fault and apologise for the disappointment caused. This has been logged under reference number 1939948, please refer to this in any further communication concerning this issue.

With the guarantee period, we and LG offer free of charge repairs for any manufacturing defect with the appliance. As the retailer we reserve the right to choose the remedy we offer and this is a repair. We can consider an exchange if the same fault keeps showing on 4 occasions in a close time period, or if the manufacturers engineer has deemed the machine to be beyond economical repair. An engineer can be requested by calling LG on 08448475454, please have the receipt and serial number to hand as these will be requested.

I hope this will enable a satisfactory resolution to be reached and apologise for the further delay you have experienced.

I'm pleased to have resolved your complaint. I hope you would take the time and consider leaving feedback typing in the survey monkey number below. This will then be fed back directly to me as part of my personal development

Dear Sir/Madam

I am not at all happy with the customer support you've offered and have reported you to Trading Standards.

I am still waiting for LG to provide me with an engineer visit and still without a machine, this is totally unacceptable.

I demand an exchange product of my choice because I have no confidence in this brand that has failed just after four months.

I look forward to your reply as soon as possible.

Dear Mr Cammarata,Thank you for your email regarding your F1681TD washing machine.Based on the information you have provided me with and reading through your query, and looking at your file, as you have been advised L.G. is a repair only warranty, and do not refund any monies etc.I hope this has been of assistance to you Mr Cammarata..However, if the information I have provided does not help you or if you have any further questions please email again or contact our Customer Service Team again on 0844 8475454 or via the Web Chat facility on our website and we will endeavour to do our best to resolve your query.Please could I ask you to complete a short survey based on the response and information that I have provided you today. All feedback given is greatly appreciated and helps to improve LG Electronics Customer Services.Kind regards,JennyWhite Goods TeamLG Electronics UK Helpdesk

Dear Savi,

Thank you for your email regarding your Front Loader.

Based on the information you have provided me with and reading through your query, I can advise you that I have submitted a VOC (Voice of Customer) to Head Office with regards to your complaint. If you haven't already done so then I can advise that you should submit your letter of complaint which you previously sent, to our complaints e-mail address at cic.uk@lge.com ; as they will be able to deal with the matter better than we will at Customer Services. I am very sorry for the faults and dissatisfaction with your unit that you have experienced and I hope you receive a satisfactory outcome from this.

I hope this has been of assistance to you. However, if the information I have provided does not help you or if you have any further questions please email again or contact our Customer Service Team again on 0844 8475454 or via the Web Chat facility on our website and we will endeavour to do our best to resolve your query.

Please could I ask you to complete a short survey based on the response and information that I have provided you today. All feed back given is greatly appreciated and helps to improve LG Electronics Customer Services.

Best regards,

Lauren

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Washing Machine.

Comments

Stockport, England, United Kingdom #798658

I purchased a lg washing machine on 23 january 2014. From day one it has been very noisy everthing in the cupboards moves.

Currys told me to book an lg engineer. The engineer informed me nothing wrong with the machine it is my floor which is the problem. Not happy with his explanation. No other washer I have had has been a problem with the floor.

Would not recommend an lg washer to anybody. Spent £550.00 on this washer worst purchased I have every made.