2.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

LG Dishwasher LDF7551ST - Warranty Issue For starters, I have fixed this dishwasher at least 2 separate times myself.Recently, after 3 1/2 of ownership, the dishwasher would not even power on.

With a multi meter, I was able to determine that the main control board was not powering up. The LG warranty indicates that the warranty covers the main control board for 5 years. We called LG and they said we have to get it verified by a technician and they gave us a local number to call. We scheduled the visit and they confirmed my findings, the main control board was bad.

The company gave us a quote for $538.33 to fix the dishwasher, this included the $100 they charged us for just getting it looked at. We turned this down because we only wanted that control board, which takes 5 minutes to switch out. The company said they cannot order the board under warranty if they didn't install it. At this point, we contact LG again and gave them the information that the technician verified what was wrong and we wanted to get a replacement board.

After 3-4 called and having it escalated to managers, they would not provided the board. The only thing LG's Customer Service would do is quote their policy that they would only provide replacement parts to technicians for warranty replacement.

This policy is not in the warranty documentation and it does not state anywhere that you must pay a 3rd party company to fix their poor design and workmanship in order to utilize their warranty.Having to pay $538.33 to have a part replaced under warranty, is not a warranty and is false advertisement.

Review about: Lg Electronics Ldf7551st Dishwasher.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Warranty is a joke, Customer service does not care and does not help.

Had an Experience with Lg Electronics?

Comments