1.5

I am writing about a recent experience I’ve had with LG products. We own many LG products and recently our LG dryer of five years needed servicing.

To my dismay when I called around I was told by most repair places that they could not work on it. Seeing a we needed our dryer ASAP we finally convinced someone to come out. Luckily, it was a minor issue and he was able to fix it. He informed us that he cannot get parts for LG, so he would be unable to help us if he needed a part.

I find that ridiculous. I was told that I needed and LG technician and the price starts at around $260 for a home visit. In my opinion that is exorbitant, unfair and limits my choice as a consumer. Had I known this when I was looking for appliances I would have definitely not purchased LG.

I buy more expensive and complex machinery e.g. SUV and I service where it I want when it’s out of warranty. I am also not forced to buy aftermarket parts from one supplier. I spoke to colleagues who were unaware of your policies and the concurred that they would avoid purchasing products with such archaic rules.

We live in a global economy, but your policy does not reflect that. Why can I get LG parts in the U.S., but not Canada?

This is bad PR all around and I’m sure it will affect your sales as word spreads. I for one will need a new washer shortly and I plan on buying from a company with more flexibility.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of customer support.

Comments