Verified Reviewer

I purchased an expensive LG refrigerator. Several months after delivery, the refrigerator became very loud when it was running, the sound was like a loud fan rattling.

I contacted LG service and they sent a service guy out (covered by warranty), he used a putty type substance to decrease the rattling noise. For several months it was quieter, then the loud fan rattling noise returned. I call a second time, the service guy returned and used sound dampening strips to quiet the noise. Several months later the noise returned.

I called a third time and the service department informed me that the second visit by the service guy was a courtesy and that my unit was no longer eligible for warranty service. I explained that the fan noise was never repaired to begin with and that I had notified them of the issue well within the warranty of the refrigerator. No, they did not care. My refrigerator sounds like a small Moped Scooter most of the time.

I try not to open the doors too often so that is stays quiet. LG does stand behind their products and refuses to address issues with their product.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lg Electronics Cons: Defective product with no support.

• Lg Poor Customer Service