1.7
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We spent $2,022 on an LG French Door refrigerator in May, 2012. The compressor went out in April, 2018 but was covered under a 10-year warranty.

LG stated they would not send the new compressor directly to us, they would only send it to an LG authorized service provider, who would come to our home and the repair and labor would be 100% covered. After 3 months of calling (and never hearing back from their maintenance department as repeatedly promised) we said we wanted a certificate for a new refrigerator. LG stated that they needed the original proof of purchase, which we provided via download at least 5 times. Then we were told we’d get a refund for the refrigerator since this MAJOR household appliance had been broken for over 3 months and I’d receive an email from them within 5 business days that would detail the refund process.

Again, no response and no email explaining why. I just got off the phone with one of their “executive” staff who said the one-time courtesy repair that was extended in April, 2018 was “null and void”. She acknowledged all the issues and said they wouldn’t do anything at all.

DO NOT BUY LG products – they’re expensive and will break during the warranty period - their customer service is designed to string you along for months until you give up. DO NOT BUY LG!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Monetary Loss: $2022.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 11.

Comments

LG Electronics

I can certainly understand your frustration trying to get your refrigerator repaired. This is definitely not the kind of customer service we expect our consumers to receive.

If you still have the unit, I would love to see what we can do to get this resolved for you.

Please follow the link for further assistance. ^EJ https://lg-electronics.pissedconsumer.com/don-t-buy-lg-201809111352817.html#2480074

to LG Electronics #1589504

Dear LG, No, of course we don't still have the useless refrigerator sitting in our living room. Six months of trying to deal with you to honor the warranty was long enough and we donated it to Goodwill.

I find it interesting that my comment in my original review was so accurate - your customer service is designed to string the customer along for months until we finally gave up, then you come back with "if you still have it (after six months), I'd love to see what we can do".

No thank you, LG. The thought of wasting more time by calling and listening to that annoying music while waiting on hold forever almost makes me sick.