1.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Sep 07

Customer Service did not call us back to tell us when they are sending a new tech BUT did call back to ask us how we liked the repair. WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE!!!!!!

Update by user Sep 06

2nd new compressor installed on 9/5/18. Guess what???

You guessed it.... still doesn't work. Got the run around from customer service today, switching back and forth between departments. They wanted to send the same tech back AGAIN.

We asked for a different tech and of course they are stalling now. Waiting for a call back from them.

At this point I want them to fix the damn machine and then I am going to put it where it belongs, in the trash!!! I am researching to find another refrigerator, not an easy search.

Update by user Aug 31

Customer service never called us back to tell us that they will not replace the refrigerator. We have to wait until September 4th for a new tech.

2 weeks with no refrigerator. I am ready to just get something else.

WILL NEVER BUY another LG product again in life. I recommend that you do the same.

Update by user Aug 30

Technician came again on 8/28, said that he figured out the problem. 8/29, still not working.

Customer service said that they were opening up a case and sending a new technician. 8/30, no technician, called customer service getting the run around. Worse company ever.

Planning on FedExing a letter to CEO. I am beyond fed up!!!!!!

Update by user Aug 25

I thought that the tech fixed the issue by replacing the compressor. after 18 hrs the refrigerator is barely cool and the freezer is not freezing a cup of water. Had to call customer service AGAIN!!!!!

Update by user Aug 24

After 2 days and 2 and a half hours of labor the compressor has been replaced. Also after I had to give them $391.00. ($125 to send the tech, $266 for labor.

Update by user Aug 24

After 2 days and 2 and a half hours of labor the compressor has been replaced. The technician said that he has had to replace quite a few compressors and had 2 more to do after he left me.

Waiting for the refrigerator to cool now to see if I really have a working appliance. Wondering how long this "fix" will last. Forgot to mention the model: LG-Frenchdoor, model LFXC24726. I will be sending another certified letter to the CEO of LG.

LG does not stand for "Life is Good" , it stands for Like Garbage.

Also, tech told me that Kenmore is using LG parts. SO BEWARE!!!!

Update by user Aug 22

So the technician just left and the problem is the compressor. Won't have a working refrigerator for 2 more days, if I'm lucky. UGHHH!!!!!

Original review posted by user Aug 22

We purchased LG Frenchdoor refrigerator in August 2015 for about $2700.00. In June 2016 it stopped working, needed repair, ice on the fan was the issue.

Three months later, September 2016, stopped working again, same issue, another repair. The next month, October 2016, same issue, another repair. Now it is August 2018, stopped working again, waiting for another repair which is already going to cost me $125 just for visit, then $250 for labor when and if repaired. This has been a very frustrating experience.

Wish that I was in a position to get a new one NOT made by LG. I have told all of the people I know "Don't buy an LG!!!"

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Fix the problem once and for all, refund food lost.

I liked: Respectful customer service reps, Easy to reach customer service.

I didn't like: Repeated need for service on this expensive item, Product quality, Short life span, That i was told i had to follow the warranty info in every way.

• Bad Lg Electronics
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 22.

Comments

LG Electronics

Hey whoppingrockhopperpenguin, what you have described is far from what we expect. The amount of repairs along with the food loss is unacceptable to us.

I would love to gather some more details so that I may offer my assistance.

Please copy and paste the link below in your browser to proceed. ^TP https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?id=WEB_100_sg_1C768517007F5D7C19F04DE78A279F77&agent=4447871