Purchased LG 31 cu/ft French Door refrigerator 8/11. March 16 ER 1F code showed up and shut down unit.

LG customer service said defrost unit for 4 hours by unplugging unit. Water everywhere on my hardwood floors. About 3 weeks later happened again, called LG numerous times, no service in our area, Home Depot extended warranty wont cover it since it is still under factory warranty. LG not responsive at all, without refrigerator for nearly 2 weeks, calls go to voice mail and they never return my calls.

Finally reached home depot customer service, LG told them they would call me arrange to replace unit since no service in my area. LG won't talk to me or Home Depot rep, Home Depot is letting me exchange unit for another brand and giving me full credit for the LG. Thank you Home Depot store manager. I will never ever, ever never buy anything g with LG as a brand on it.

Home Depot Manager even said he has been having other warranty repair issues but didn't want to tell me until after he resolved my problem.

Review about: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Comments

:cry Over scheduled service rep shows up 1.5 hours outside promised response. No fix offered maybe next week to replacr compressor and "seald unit"

LG should not sell appliances to real people.

I knew LG when they were called Lucky Goldstar. Worst quality control ever

Klause

MADD...Sounds pretty similar to my French Door refrigerator problems. I had a smaller model and there are no "Certified" techs in Seattle.

I also purchased it from Home Depot and they offered me the same help they did you. They actually loaned me a fridge until I got mine repaired (this all happened right before Thanksgiving).

Home Depot was there for me, but LG never was or did they even care. 100pts for HOME DEPOT / 0pts for LG