3.0
Style and Design

refrigerator broke down on 7/8/18, tried contacting LG no luck so called my local repair man. He came our 7/14/18 said it needed a new compressor and seal system.

He said this refrigerator was a lemon and it would, if I had the parts, $900 for them to do the labor. I contacted LG and ended up talking to an foreign outsourced person and was given an approval # for a local repair company to do the work. I contacted the # they gave me and this repair company said they would do no work for LG because they had 60 jobs they LG still hadn't paid them for. I called this line again they gave me 3 repair names.

None would come out! I called the service line again and got a run around. I called again on 7/23/18 and got more repair names (some were duplicates) and one of the repair guys said to just dump the refrigerator that it was no good and not worth repairing. Every repair person the LG help line put me in touch with would not do the work and some were very vocal about LG and LG products especially the refrigerator.

I ended up having to buy a new one because I couldn't go without a refrigerator anymore.

It's a shame that a company doesn't take care of it's customers and the repair companies they hire. I really liked the design of the refrigerator and miss it and I have other LG products and now I'm afraid to ever use LG again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Customer Care.

I liked: Design of products.

I didn't like: Speed of repair.

• Applicances
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 24.

Comments

Oh goodness! I deeply apologize for not only the total monetary loss, but the poor customer service you’ve received and having to go so long without a refrigerator.

If you still have this unit, follow the link I have provided so that we can explore some options for you. ^KH https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?id=WEB_100_sg_467D0E22B4BBFDF8D5816135BAEBD09F&