Bought the TV in November of 2010. At the beginning of 2013 we got a vertical (green?) line on the right side of the screen.

Since then we have gotten 4 more. When I spoke to LG Service they told me that it was a unique problem, but since it was out of warranty that if they sent someone out it was gonna cost and cost big. From what I see and read, it's the mother board and I am Not buying another LG anything.

LG really needs to look into the faulty mother boards and recall all of the TV's with them!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Tv.

Comments

stiamo

I have now gotten my TV fixed by LG Electronics at No cost to me. It turns out it was the Display, which from what I saw, is everything except 2 little boards.

The service company explained it like this, "When 1 single pixel pops it will create a line all the way across the screen." I guess all HDTV's have this type of problem, but Plasma TVs get a little warmer then LCD etc. and are prone to happen a little quicker when left on for a long period of time. My wife is disabled and has to stay seated for 80% of her day so the TV is on for up to 20 hrs a day. At least LG backed it up.

The service guy says it would have been an $800 service call. On a $900 TV are you kiddin' me?