While I completely understand that my LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher that I purchased back in 2007 is out of warranty, I discovered what I believe is a manufacturers defect with the drain hose.It has disintegrated in multiple places both within the machine itself, and as it ran to to the drain under the sink.
See the attached pictures. When talking to customer service I obviously rant into the front line customer service rep who could not do anything because it was out of warranty. When I explained that I was not making a warranty claim and needed to talk with a supervisor about what I believed to be a defect, it took 10 minutes to connect with someone who was no more helpful. It was a very poor experience over what is a $30 part and will make me think twice about ever purchasing an LG product.
You would hope that they would be more interested in 1) understanding the issue and 2) helping me out a little.
I understand parts fail and that's fine, but a drain line can cause havoc by leaking water into the home and causing damage, as it did in my situation.Since a drain line involves no electronics and has no moving parts you would expect it to last longer.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Ldf7932St Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an LG LMX25986ST refrigerator on 7/15/2011 and 3 weeks ago the sealed system failed due to a Freon leak. I called LG and they sent a repair..."
- "Will not order from Office Depot again. Ordered a Danby washer on 20 March 2016 and arrived on 1 April 2016. Only after calling to find where my shipment was..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I have only had this faucet since March of 2015, six months later it is already leaking at the sprayer. If all water is not out of the sprayer after..."
- "This is a great story! I got a call that the Glendale police were at my home looking for my husband for a hit and run, I call him he is..."
- "I was seated in first class (5B) and started to feel like I could not breathe and my eyes were watering, then I looked over to see the passenger in..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."