I own a LG Clothes Washer, model WM0624HW/01. The direct drive motor supposedly had a 7 year warranty on it. The rotor has plastic (!) splines in it that attach to the drum shaft to wash and spin the clothes. It (of course, it's plastic!) stripped out after 3 years of normal household use. I contacted LG to get a replacement (I have been repairing appliances for 20+ years professionally, I KNOW what I am doing), they absolutely refused. They said:

"Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. I am delighted to hear from you as our valued customer and I will be glad to answer your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience you're having with.

Drum motor such as stator, rotor and hall sensor has a seven year warranty from the date of purchase. Yes, the motor is still in warranty as I checked based on the serial number you provided. The washer has a 1 year warranty for parts and labor from the date of purchase but has exclusion for warranty of other parts as stated in the warranty page in the owner's manual.

For the replacement of the said part, it should be done by one of our LG technicians or authorized service technicians. The technician will order the part for you as soon as the unit is checked upon technicians visit, or will install it for you if the part is available upon service visit. Let me provide our rates for the labor.

For LG technicians:

Diagnosis - $89Minor repair - $150 + tax & partsMajor repair - $225 + tax & parts

I apologize I don't have the information for the rate fee for our authorized service technician, they have different rate scheme than our own LG technicians.

I hope I was able to help you with your concern. If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience.

Thank you for choosing LG!

AlbertLG Customer Service"

I called Albert and told him I was a qualified appliance repair person, and it only took me 10 minutes to diagnose and remove the offending part, please just send me the part. He absolutely refused. In order to get it replaced under warranty, I would have to spend $239.00 in labor. The part is available to me wholesale for $73.11, and it will take me 5 minutes to replace it. Of course I will *** the bullet and buy the part myself. What gripes me is that the part is under warranty but I cannot get the part. LG has figured out a way to screw me out of the warranty they supposedly provide. Even worse, the replacement part is "new and improved" with METAL splines in it, proving LG knew there was a problem and are refusing to do anything about it

Bottom line: I will never, ever buy anything from LG ever again. LG = Latest Garbage. This is not the first LG appliance I have had problems with, but it WILL be the last.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Repair.

Comments