Purchased in late 2011 as part of a range, fridge, microwave, dishwasher package deal from appliance warehouse, this is the third time I've had to call for service and pay $60 charge each time on my homeowner's warranty policy. The usual problem is burners that don't turn on and in the past, only a few would go out at a time, leaving me a workable burner or two. This time all are out and now the broiler is also down--only the oven is working now. One service tech said the cables inside the panel were loose. How that happened, I don’t know because the range doesn’t get jostled or moved around a lot. Another complaint within the first six months of purchase is an inside drip between the oven door double paned glass but I’ve lived with ugly mess because the service tech couldn't fix it without taking the entire range to the shop for a week.

But wait--there's more LG product problems! The side-by-side door fridge problems have also cost me three service calls ($60 each). The icemaker frequently goes on strike for several months at a time and then on its own starts working again. Of course, this renders the ice dispenser constipated and totally useless. The cold water dispenser has the opposite problem and is often incontinent—it keeps spewing water for several seconds after the drinking glass is removed.

I believe LG must stand for Least Good and the model number LRE30453ST must stand for Least Reliable Electric#)$%#Stove’sTerrible. I will never again purchase another LG appliance and recommend that other buyers also shop for another brand.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments