Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased a LG French door refrigerator a year and a half ago. The compressor blew, FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

Come to find out, when I tried to get a repair, that LG has to have “their own”, “LG CERTIFIED”, technicians repair their appliances. Well, the store that sold me the appliance lied, and did not have any LG certified repairmen in my area. So, I had to locate, on my own, hire - and pay for, another company to come out and diagnose the problem. Well, the problem turned out to be - the compressor blew.

According to the technician, this was a common occurrence with these LG refrigerators, because they were too small to handle the heat build up the ice maker and size capacity of the refrigerator. REALLY? If LG knew about this being a problem, why didn’t the company do anything to fix it? Also, why did Home Depot continue to stock and sell a defective product?

Anyway, the compressor was supposed to be covered under warranty, so at least I wouldn’t have to pay for that part. The part was order while the technician was their and was to return to put the part in when it arrived. Well, I NEVER RECEIVED THE PART! LG is blaming the repair company for not ordering the part, which they did, I was right there, it was never shipped, and when I called directly, they won’t ship to me because “I am not AUTHORIZED”.

SO I HAVE BEEN WAITING IN LIMBO FOR OVER TWO MONTHS FOR A MISSING PART, FOR A BASICALLY BRAND NEW REFRIGERATOR THAT I PAID OVER $3000 FOR THAT LG REFUSES TO HONOR THE WARRANTY FOR! DO NOT BUY ANY LG APPLIANCES!!!!

THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY LIE TO YOU, RIGHT ON THE PHONE!!! THEY DON’T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS, AND CONTINUE TO SELL PRODUCTS THAT THEY KNOW ARE DEFECTIVE!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Warranty is a joke.

Comments