My built-in LG microwave oven has failed 6 times in 3 years. Each time, the repairman comes to my house, announces he will have to order the part, then 2-3 weeks later, the oven gets fixed- for a time.

Last time, the oven would not turn off; after three visits, the oven would go on and off but it wouldn't heat anything. For a year, I have been asking LG to replace the oven - they keep telling me "there is nothing we can do". I filed a complaint with the Louisiana BBB (that being LG's USA headquarters). LG's response was that they warranty their appliances for 1 year - that is it.

BBB says they cannot ask LG to change their repair policies.

Unfortunately, my state has no lemon law regarding appliances. I believe that this oven model is defective and should be recalled - replaced by LG by a product of better quality.

Review about: Lg Electronics Microwave.

Comments

Unfortunately, 1 year is the standard warranty time frame for all manufacturers. I have seen customers go through 3-4 exchanges on high-priced major appliances due to consistent defects.

My suggestion: Buy something made by Whirlpool. (They own Amana, Inglis, Maytag, Jennair, Kitchen Aid, among others). Bosch is another good one. And BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.

Appliaces are built to be energy-efficient these days; not to last. Depending on where you buy, you get full store credit for the warfare back if you don't use it in the 5 years.