This is the first time I have registered a complaint online. I have in the past been impressed with LG electronics so unknowingly I purchased a dryer and washer from LG hoping that these units would be stable units.

Unfortunately, the dryer was defective within 6 years and similarly the washer had developed defective parts. I followed the recommendations of LG and had service to the home. They were 'sears' technicians according to LG suppposedly they could send 'LG techs'; but htey never did. After more than five visits and replacing almost every part of the dryer it still did not work.

The washer parts needed to fix the unit were ordered and what was sent were not the proper parts because their parts suppliers are independent companies. After weeks and months of frustration, I contacted corporate LG including the CEO in Alabama, Young-Ha-Lee, who never responded to any of my letters and concerns. I was deferred to 'customer service' which was a joke. They refused to help even with the most basic efforts such as sending me the basic parts for the washer or sending a LG tech to repair the dryer (or even replace the dryer which basically was a lemon).

So, after $2000.00 and only a few years of functional units (unlike my Kenmore which still works after 25 years), I am left with two large paperweights in my home. We have since been forced to purchase a new dryer and washer, of course, from another, better company. I found LG appliances to be totally worthless unable to stand the test of time and use. However, the response from the company at the corporate and customer service level was abysmal.

I would recommend to all people contemplating purchasing a LG product, BEWARE, do your due diligence, and purchase from another company. Ths company does not care about the consumer so do not give them your money!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Repair.

Comments