PURCHASED FROM HOME DEPOT & PURCHASED EXTENDED WARRANTY, WORKED ON 3 TIMES BY 2 DIFFERENT APPLIANCE REPAIR COMPANIES. PARTS INSTALLED WERE THE WRONG ONES.

AFTER WHICH WHEN THEY DISCOVERED, JUST BEFORE REPLACING THE SAME PART 3 TIMES, THE WIRING WAS FAULTY IN THE DOOR, IE. BURNT WIRES. THEY SPLICED BACK & DW BEGAN WORKING AGAIN. NOW THE DW QUIT YET AGAIN & THE WARRANTY EXPIRED BY 3 DAYS.

LG WOULD NOT REPAIR. I FIGURED I WOULD INSPECT THE WIRING MY SELF BEFORE TRASHING IT. I FOUND SEVERAL ADDITIONAL BURNT WIRES, AND THE BALANCE OF THE WIRING HARNESS MELTED ONTO THE INTERIOR DOOR. BIG TIME FIRE HAZARD.

OFTEN COULD DETECT AN ODOR OF BURNING, BUT FIGURED IT WAS JUST A NORMAL ODOR WHILE THE DW WAS IN THE HEATING CYCLE, LITTLE DID I KNOW. THE ENTIRE HOUSE COULD HAVE CAUGHT FIRE. AT THE VERY LEAST MAJOR KITCHEN DAMAGE & POSSIBLY MY FAMILY PET COULD HAVE DIED. FYI: SENT LG A E-MAIL, NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY.

REALLY DIDN'T EXPECT ONE. ANYWAY, USE EXTREME CAUTION BEFORE PURCHASING LG DISHWASHERS.

CONSUMER REPORTS SHOWS THEM TO HAVE THE HIGHEST RATE OF SERVICE, WISH I HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE, I WOULD HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED LG... LIFE IS ONLY GOOD FOR THE RETAILER & MANUFACTURER, NOT THE CONSUMER WHO PURCHASES LG!!!!!!

Comments