Today April 27 2013 our LG dishwasher was on fire inside. Thank goodness we were home.
We opened the dishwasher and there was a fire on the bottom and smike filled our whole downstairs. We bought it in 2006. It was melted plastic of the dishwasher--the machine is defective. The fire dept came out and agreed.
This is another example of a defective product made in Korea. No offense but I feel that this could have burned down out house. I will never leave the house or sleep w a dishwasher or dryer going. You could lose sooo much if you do this.
It is a shame that this dishwasher didnt last and that I have no recourse w LG.
I will never buy this brand a gain. I will research first to find one that is better
Monetary Loss: $600.