I purchased an LG Over The Range Microwave Model No. LMV1813SB from Home Depot at 465 Centre Street in Quincy, Massachusetts on March 30, 2012. I had the unit installed early in April and on August 4, 2012 the entire unit stopped working. After 5 or 6 calls to LG Customer Service [ an oxymoron ] the finally sent a repairman to the house. Nice fellow who determined that the problem was a faulty thermostat which in turn regulates and runs the entire units electrical system. The problem is that the thermostat is back ordered and LG told me it won't be in their warehouse before the end of August which means the earliest I can have my microwave repaired is sometime post Labor Day. That means I will be without the microwave for over a month and it is brand new.

How bad are LG Microwaves that they have run out of thermostats. Sounds like LG has a major problem that they are trying to cover up. As to LG's Customer Service - it sucks. The person you will speak to is from Panama and speaks very broken English or poor phone lines.

I would NOT RECOMMEND BUYING ANY LG PRODUCT. Also, HOME DEPOT is just as bad. They don't want to take the unit back and replace it because the purchase is over 90 days even though the microwave is warrantied for a year. SO, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HOME DEPOT. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ARROGANT.

AGAIN, DO NOT BUY ANY LG PRODUCT OR SHOP AT HOME DEPOT. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL AND THEY ARE RUDE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Review about: Lg Electronics Microwave.

Comments