Update by user Sep 18, 2013

As a follow up to this report, LG never responded to us. I have a picture of the range being loaded unto the truck which delivered our Whirlpool range...from Lowes. In our experience, Lowes will take anything back within 30 days, even if you "just don't like it." Receipt required, of course, unless you're the silver tongued devil I happen to be familiar with.

Olcowboy...over and out.

Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2013

WE purchase an $1800 electric LG range from Home Depot because of the "blue" better cooking interior of the oven and the expected sustainability of such a high priced appliance. Of course, 6 months after the extended warranty expired, the oven quit working.

An A&E service tech inspected the oven, diagnosed the problem, sold us another extended warranty just in case his diagnosis was wrong. He claimed any additional repairs would be covered by the extended warranty. A second A&E tech came to install the ordered parts and declared the oven could not be fixed because of rust and rot around the apertures for the oven element which had been ordered to replace the original and non-functioning element. After 8(yes, that's right, EIGHT) weeks of back and forth with A&E and LG, one of the LG service reps indicated in email the stove would "most likely be replaced".

Their service call center is in Panama...good luck with that. In a final and quick decision, in the interest of "expediting" our issue, the tech department took a look at the pictures we sent in and declared the oven had some improper cleaning products used which resulted in the rust and rot. This is total BS. The only thing we used to clean the oven was the "self cleaning" feature on the range.

LG products suck and their customer service is non-existent. I begged for them to send an LG rep to examine the oven with eyes and any measuring device they had available to ascertain the true cause of the oven failure. They have no such personnel available and recommended A&E...again. A&E refunded every bit of money they charged us, from the trip cost to the BS extended warranty.

From our experience, I would highly recommend you buy anything but an LG appliance.

They are not worth the money and the company will not stand behind their products.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Range.

Comments

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #692711

I am having the same experience with Whirlpool refrigerator. I bought it at Dunmore Appliance.

I can't believe this is something these companies can be allowed to get away with. I am going on 10 months with 3 other repair companies and now A&E for the past 6 visits!! Yes I have had 11 service calls starting the next day after delivery of the refrigerator! I am trying to find out how to legally take some recourse.

My only description of my situation is that it is criminal and we, the consumer need protection from these large companies who have their products and guarantees worded that something like this can be legal. We are being conned and need protection from these companies!!!!!!!