2.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I bought an LG front loader for $800 3 years ago. about 8 months ago, I called LG for service, as my machine was making a progressively higher pitched squeal when filling with water. The tech came out, did some adjusting and all was well. However, during that service call, he told me the drum was going bad. It has a lifetime warranty, so no biggie, right? Yeah, except LG discontinued the part on a 2 year old product. Well, it was still worked OK, just a bit noisy on the spin cycle; so, I waited for school to get out in early May before dealing with LG again.

Initially, I was told, "Sure enough! Part is out of production. Let's get this on to 'Case Progression' and get something done for you." A week goes by, I hear nothing from LG. I call them back, and suddenly the part is available! Call an LG tech and it'll be taken care of." Tech comes out. Part is still discontinued. Machine drum is now jammed into the bearings, things are getting worse. Great! I call LG again, and the part that the tech said he needs, but is still discontinued, is not the one LG in Bombay says I need. Tech is sure the only part that will work is the one that shows as being discontinued; LG in Bombay refuses to progress the case again insisting the part is available...because the LG certified tech doesn't know what he's doing, apparently! Repeated calls have done nothing to fix my machine.

Alas, I spent $800 on a machine that isn't going to make it 3.5 years, and LG won't stand by their product. I'll be avoiding LG for any future purchases of anything, ever.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Wm2250cw Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Most of the above. LG gives a 10 year warranty on a part, then discontinues the manufacture of it. Won't replace; can't repair..

I liked: Nice website.

I didn't like: Give a big warranty then stop making required parts.

Comments