2.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I bought an LG front loader for $800 3 years ago. about 8 months ago, I called LG for service, as my machine was making a progressively higher pitched squeal when filling with water. The tech came out, did some adjusting and all was well. However, during that service call, he told me the drum was going bad. It has a lifetime warranty, so no biggie, right? Yeah, except LG discontinued the part on a 2 year old product. Well, it was still worked OK, just a bit noisy on the spin cycle; so, I waited for school to get out in early May before dealing with LG again.

Initially, I was told, "Sure enough! Part is out of production. Let's get this on to 'Case Progression' and get something done for you." A week goes by, I hear nothing from LG. I call them back, and suddenly the part is available! Call an LG tech and it'll be taken care of." Tech comes out. Part is still discontinued. Machine drum is now jammed into the bearings, things are getting worse. Great! I call LG again, and the part that the tech said he needs, but is still discontinued, is not the one LG in Bombay says I need. Tech is sure the only part that will work is the one that shows as being discontinued; LG in Bombay refuses to progress the case again insisting the part is available...because the LG certified tech doesn't know what he's doing, apparently! Repeated calls have done nothing to fix my machine.

Alas, I spent $800 on a machine that isn't going to make it 3.5 years, and LG won't stand by their product. I'll be avoiding LG for any future purchases of anything, ever.

This person wrote the review because of "most of the above. lg gives a 10 year warranty on a part, then discontinues the manufacture of it. won't replace; can't repair." of lg electronics wm2250cw washing machine from Lg Electronics. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $800 and wants Lg Electronics to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was give a big warranty then stop making required parts. Author liked the most nice website. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Maytag. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lg Electronics for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments