2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Four years ago I purchased an LG Art Cool LAN180HSV2 ductless mini split system backed by a 5-year warranty. Sounds good right?

Except that this unit has been repaired 5 times and now it's broken again, leaking oily freon down my interior wall. My HVAC company said there's nothing more he can do, declared it dead, and recommended I replace the entire unit. I contacted LG, who required a Jobsite Report form to be completed in order to escalate the issue. I had my HVAC company come out for the 6th time, perform the test (for another $180).

After submitting my claim I waited 5 weeks with no response from LG. So I called them for an update. I was informed that they have decided not to honor a replacement because my HVAC company didn't request enough troubleshooting help, that he only requested replacement parts each time he called. LG said that they would only honor a new coil, that again I would have to pay labor to replace.

I've already spent more money on repair service than I originally paid for the unit iteslf. I cannot continue to keep fixing and dumping even money into a 4 year old lemon.

Thanks LG! What a way to stand behind your products and treat your customers!

Review about: Lg Electronics Lan180hsv2 Air Conditioner.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Design and function of products when working properly.

I didn't like: Warranty policy, Customer service.

Comments