Product: Lg Electronics Refrigerator Clear all filters (160 of 160 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lg Electronics in Tamarac, Florida - Disappointed

Save yourself the headache and don't buy LG refrigerator. It is a piece of ***. Purchased the refrigerator 11/18/10 and it never worked. Now waiting on tech to come and fix it. My food is spoiled. What a bad timing since thanksgiving is right up on us and I had a lot of food in the fridge. I am now learning that their product is *** and I will never purchase another LG product again. Such a disappointment. Buying a new expensive product and it does not work. Lets see what the tech person has to say.
#219240

Obviously the manufacturer was refering to themselves when they came up with "LG"

(Life's Good) as their logo. As far as I'm concerned they need to switch "LG" to "GL" (Guaranteed Lemon).

Review
#208510 Review #208510 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lg Electronics in San Antonio, Texas - LG Refrigerator has defective icemaker.

Purchased French door/bottom freezer refrigerator in March 2007. Page 31 of the manual states, "When the bin fills to the level of the feeler arm, the icemaker will stop producing ice." The icemaker never stops producing. The refrigerator was replaced in May 2007 with the same defective icemaker. Many technicians have come to no avail. The problem exists today---three years later. You are told to get on your hands and knees and turn it off and on and retrieve the ice that has fallen to the back of freezer. LG's technical support is worthless and the attitude of the supreme technical support makes you scream.
Review
#193507 Review #193507 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lg Electronics Refrigerator

Lg Electronics in Ocala, Florida - LG Refrigerator Fails Constantly and Service is Slow

In the time we have had this LG LFX25960SB refrigerator, the following failures have occurred: 1. Replacement cartridges for the water filter were ordered, and were deficient. LG sent us a second group of cartridges, but they showed the same symptoms. Essentially, we had to run our water for hours before particulate visible in the water was gone. Our water already has a top of the line water softener, so the tap water was free of the particulate. The particulate we saw was from the water filters in the refrigerator. 2. The icemaker failed. 3. Several interior sliding drawers have broken and have been replaced. 4. A gear roller assembly in the freezer has failed (We have had 3 repair agencies come out and attempt to fix this, but LG sent the wrong parts to each and every one of them, and in some cases, sent wrong parts as many as 3 times. The last agency called us and refunded the money we paid for one of the broken shelves, and then told us they were not returning to repair the gear roller assembly because they would lose money dealing with the incompetent English language deficient parts people at LG, and wanted no more part of it. As a result, this problem has never been fixed.) 5. The icemaker failed a second time 6. The light inside the refrigerator stayed on constantly and the refrigerator stopped cooling. The main computer board was diagnosed as the problem and replaced. The light melted the plastic housing that encloses it and had to be replaced. 7. The "er FF" function showed up this week, and the repair agency claims one of the freezer fans is inoperative. But, the freezer is working Ok, yet the refrigerator itself does not appear to be cooling properly. It will be another week, according to the repair agency before they can return with the proper fan part. 8. Neither one of us can close the door with any success without special attention, because normal action to close the door always ends up in the beep alarm. We are frustrated and angry over the performance of this appliance. As a family, we have had 3 or 4 refrigerators over the last 40 years. I can only recall 1 or 2 repair calls on any of the other ones, until they had reached the end of a 10 to 12 year service life and were replaced. This refrigerator has failed more times in the three or so years we have had it than all of our refrigerators combined over the last 36 years! In fact, this appliance has failed and needed repair more often in the last 3 years than all of the other kitchen appliances combined over the last 40 years.
Active C
#209096

I too have had problems with LG French door, 2 drawer bottom freezer. Freezer builds 1/2 inch thick layer of ice and frost covers all food in the top drawer.

The compressor is extremely noisy and the door alarm works intermintently. So far, I've not been able to get a service person to come out as three of them, even though they were recommended by LG. They are all independent repair companies and said they don't get reimbursed by LG in a timely manner.

Obviously, Home Depot won't do anything and continued communication with LG customer service is a waste of time. :(

#208971

I have an LG refrigerator, and most of the shelves have broken and a bin. This is a 23 french door refrigerator, in a household of only two people, so it's not abused!

Company won't admit problem even though lots of people have posted on the Internet. Will not buy LG again!

about 2 yrs ago i purchased a cell phone from lg. just a piece of junk since day one.

lg just blew me off. my recommendation is to give lg products a wide birth :cry

View more comments (2)
Loss
I purchased an LG refrigerator and a dishwasher throgh HomeDepot.com in November, 2009 for 2 reasons: 1. the LG rebate & 2. free shipping. Home Depot delivered but LG has not. Their paperwork said 6 to 8 weeks; it's been about 15 weeks & no rebate. Home Depot says...

It's Home Depot also they are not the same store from years ago. They just don't care anymore about their customers. They have made their money and not it is time for them to run.

View more comments

Lg Electronics in Houston, Texas - LG products don't work

my refrigerator, a LFC23760ST, broke after 6 months and I have been dealing with customer service for almost three weeks to get it replaced. Never buy a LG product, the company won't stand by their products and customer service gives you the run around, taking forever to respond. The tech came to fix it twice and couldn't fix it. When I called LG to see what the next step was, LG said the tech never sent the paper work in and I would have to wait longer. After the paper work came it had to be reviewed and it would be three to five days before LG would release a new refrigerator to me. When I called a customer service rep. they told me, I should have bought the home depot warranty, if I wanted a new one faster.

Greetings,

I have purchased 3 LG products. A DVD recorder, A plasma 42 inch TV, and a refigerator. All three are now broke. The DVD recorder, when I looked it up on the internet, had many complaints of it breaking down. I now have looked into my TV and again there are many complaints about those sets. While the refigerator worked for about 6 years, it is now in need of repair if it is a repairable item. In the past, I had appliances work for decades not months like LG products. My experience has been very negative with LG and they are not willing to stand behind their products. They wouldn't even offer to help fix a three year old TV set that I suggested they pay half and I pay half. I very stongly recommend you do NOT buy LG products or you'll get stuck also. For those who have already bought, I am sorry for your future problems with these defective products.

--AL

i bought a washer & dryer had nothing but problems they have been worked on 8 times between the 2 askked them to replace dryer they wont horrible company worse customer service PLEASE STAY AWAY BUY ANOTHER COMPANY

Hi, this is Tinzley with Home Depot Customer Care; I want to make sure this has been taken care of for you. Mind sending an email to tinzley_care@homedepot.com with an update?

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lg Electronics in Las Vegas, Nevada - LG appliances poor quality, customer service is not much better.

Our LG refrigerator needed repair jut out of the warranty period. Our LG microwave has been repaired 5 times and still is not satisfactory. LG appliances are of poor quality and their service is not much better. Their customer service is a laugh, their people are well trained at apologizing but not standing behind their products. I've spent an amount in service calls almost equal to the price of the microwave, it cooks unevenly, makes noises that can't be fixed, and has had the main power tube replaced 3 times since the original one. Lousy quality! Avoid this company, Don't buy LG!
Lg Electronics Refrigerator

Lg Electronics in Dallas, Texas - Bowed Freezer 4 years later still no help.

I bought a side by side refrigerator in 2004. The freezer is bowed out and the drawers just fall on each other. Of course I didn't know why at first just that the drawers weren't fitting. So I called Best Buy and was told I have to go through LG first to get this resolved. They sent someone out and he replaced the slides. Then they sent someone who ordered new drawers. Then they mailed me some wire baskets?? So finally they sent someone who figured out the reason it didn't fit was the freezer was bowed out. LG told me that even though I started talking to them four years ago about this since it is now four years old all they will do is buy me off for $400 on a $1750 refrigerator! So now I am trying to get Best Buy to help under my 5 year warranty. LG has a product that is substandard and they will not stand behind it. Don't buy their products. You may get stuck with a defective product and lord help you getting it replaced!

Lg Electronics in Taylor, Michigan - LG Doesn't Have Parts for Their Appliances

I own a rather new, expensive LG side by side refrigerator. The ice-maker has been a problem since I bought it. But now the electric valve that allows the ice tray to fill needs to be replaced. The part has been on order by the appliance repair company for three weeks. The repair company says that LG is one of the worst companies for supplying parts in a timely manner. I bought the appliance from Home Depot and for once in my life bought an insurance policy for it. I figured that LG is a Korean Company and I wanted to make sure.

Lg Electronics in Hopkins, Minnesota - LG appliances quickly break down

We have purchased a LG front-load washer and dryer in 2005 and it broke today,9-4-08. My LG dishwasher, purchased in early 2006, broke 3 weeks ago and we are waiting for parts. The lights on both my LG refrigerator and LG microwave went out within a year of purchase (2005&2006). The lights needed to be ordered and required a service person to replace them as the access was so awkward. Never buy LG products unless you like wating on the phone for service departments, then waiting for the repair people to when they say they will come.

Bought upscale LG Gas Dryer ($1400.00). Gas regulator just went south for the winter after only 3 1/2 years of service in our home of just 2 adults.

Horrible comment from person answering the phone when we dialed their main number ("Maybe you just got a lemon").

A $1400.00 lemon! Are you kidding me???? What kind of junk is LG making?

It's going to cost us just over $300.00 to get the regulator replaced. This will be the last LG item we ever buy.

"Life is NOT Good" w/LG.

Greetings,

I also have had many LG Products break down way before they should have ever given me a problem. I have had trouble with a DVD recorder (broke in less than two years, not fixable at repair shop), A plasma TV, (broke after three years, LG won't work with me on it), and now a refrigerator is now in need of repair after 6 years (which may be repairable but I am not holding my breath). All the products seem to be defective, poor customer service and a name to stay away from if you are smart. I will not purchase EVER another LG product.

--AL

LG5811 dishwasher is a $600 POS worked great for almost 2 years, then kerplunk kerplooey! replace sump assy.

to no avail. Do not buy an LG dishwasher!!

Similiar experience for us, bought a new LG dishwasher $800. 02/06.

We kept smelling something hot when it was running. Finally stopped working all together, the serviceman said we were lucky not to have had a fire the inside control panel had melted into a blob of plastic and wires.

LQ said, go *** up a rope. Expensive mistake

There is a reason LG appliances break down. Does anyone out there remember Goldstar?

They made the oh-so-famous $29 VCR's and $59 TV's a few years ago.

Well, when Korean appliance company Goldstar decided to go upscale in the major appliance business a few years ago, they knew that the name Goldstar had such a bad rep that they knew they had to come up with a new, catchy name, hence LG (for parent company name Lucky Goldstar). Being in the appliance retail business myself, I have heard countless horror stories about these products as well, and thankfully, we do not sell them.

View more comments (4)
Lg Electronics Refrigerator

Lg Electronics in Camden, New Jersey - LG Refrigerater- broken parts- refused replacement

LG refrigerator- company refused to replace broken shelves and sliding doors. Engineering seems poor on this refrigerator. Pieces began breaking within the first year with regular use. We have owned several refrigerators and have had no structural problems before this. We want to make sure that others are aware and shy away from the brand and specific product- model # lfc25760st, serial # 610krgg00367. Sometimes fancier means more things to break. The company, including a supervisor, just spouted the company line instead of considering the loss of a good customer and the posiblity of a bad product they need to be responsible for.