I have setup a website http://www.lgwarn.com to further document our experience and provide photos and LG's denial letter.

We purchased an LG Front loading washing machine that opened up during a wash cycle and LG is refusing to cover any of the damages to our home. This is particularly egregious because LG is aware that if their front loading machines over fill with water that the door will pop open. LG is knowingly selling front loading washers that will open if, for whatever reason, they get too full of water.

MODEL NAME: WM2650HRA SERIAL NUMBER: 306PNAJ6G432

PURCHASE DATE: 4/20/2014 Retail price $1,099.00

It worked perfectly until 5/10/2014 when during a sanitation wash cycle the front door opened and poured water out causing over $3000 (supported by estimates from licensed contractors) of damage to our living space by ruining wall to wall carpet and some of the sub floor.

On 5/10/14 LG service representative admitted that too much water would open the door.

On 5/19/14 Mr. Blake also stated that too much water would cause the door to open.

This proves that LG was well aware of this feature of their front loading washing machines.

5-20-2014 LG Call CNM140520553488 Representative Katie refused to provide smart diagnosis report from 5/10 incident and refused to provide her last name but transferred me to a supervisor.

5-20-2014 Adrian ID7008 seemed surprised that two people at LG had admitted the defect regarding the door opening.

On 6/16/2014 our claim was denied by LG

We have filed a formal complaint against LG with the North Carolina Dept of Justice Consumer protection dept. which has been assigned file number 1408167

Complaint case # 31032574 has now been filed with the Better Business Bureau.

Review about: Lg Electronics Washing Machine.

Comments

Our LG front load washer flooded our house too. Poor quality

The same thing happened to me. Our LG Front Load Washer exploded open mid-way through the wash cycle and shot water out.

The only way to stop the flooding was to shut off the water connection valve behind the machine. When I called LG to complain they tried to blame the problem first on me (I must have done something wrong), then on a recent repair that I mentioned to them (replacement of washer gasket). I told them that the problem was with the electronic controller, as it would shut off during the cycle. The water would turn on and begin to fill the machine until the pressure was too great and the door burst open.

They really didn't care, as they said the machine was not under warranty any way.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING LG! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS! THAT *** IS MADE IN KOREA. BUY A GOOD US OWNED, US MANUFACTURED WASHING MACHINE OR OTHER APPLIANCE.

WHIRLPOOL IS A GOOD BRAND.

NOTHING LG! NOTHING!

Columbus, Georgia, United States #1285351

People need to be warned about LG but so many companies simply don't publish negative reviews.

Houston, Texas, United States #1285334

This very thing just happened to me. I never seen the machine build up so much water and all of a sudden the door opened and released water everywhere.

Thankfully I was home and was able to vacuum the water up immediately causing limited damage. I am so very disappointed considering my machine is only 4 years old.

There are other reports of LG washers opening up and flooding. Also: Before you buy their products you should be aware that LG used to be Goldstar!

Would you buy a Goldstar appliance (remember the cheap computer monitors)??

They changed their name for good reason but some things remain the same. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldStar

to Steve #1130284

We just had the same thing happen. Luckily our son was home.

He said there was no warning. It just flew open are started pouring water everywhere.

We have ceiling tiles ruined in our basement and our laminate floor is warping in our kitchen and dining room. I called LG so we will see what happens.