2.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased an LG G Watch R in May of 2015. It worked for about 3 months, then one day it simply would not power on. I took it back to the AT&T wireless store in Bee Caves, Texas where it was purchased, and they did not have any in stock to replace the unit. At the suggestion of the AT&T store I contacted LG and got an RMA number to send the unit in for repair. Two weeks later, I received the unit back from LG with the following issues:

1) The watch was sent back still broken, LG is denying my claim stating that there was "Water Damage" and that the warranty is void.

2) I sent the watch to LG packed nicely in the original box. They kept the box and packing materials, sent it back in a completely inadequate box that had the watch bouncing around loose inside.

3) For some reason, they kept my charger.

I called immediately and spoke to customer service, and secondly a customer service "supervisor" who had nothing to say except to continuously apologize that there was nothing they could do. The supervisor told me that there was no-one further I could talk to when I continued to try and escalate the call. At this point, I am livid. The watch failed during normal use, and LG has shown me that their entire warranty process is one big bait and switch operation. They sold me a one year warranty, but they use loopholes to get out of having to help a customer when the device is faulty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Watch.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Watch itself.

I didn't like: Entire interaction with lg customer service.

Comments

im currently on the phone with the "supervisor" as we speak... 43 minutes in and still no response.

you'd think with the 1 billion people in india there would be someone i could talk to with some common sense. IP67 certified my ***.

Im currently argueing the fact that there was a manufacturers defect that the watch wasnt truly "IP67" certified. But thats not what they want to hear