Lg Electronics - LG Garbage, No Help, Never Again!
In late 2011, we decided to upgrade several major appliances, going with all LG, trusting that they would have a reasonably long life.
Since then, these LG products have progressively given us problems.
Double Oven ($1359.00): After almost 1 year, the digital control panel failed. It was still covered under warranty, so that was replaced at no cost. Then, after about 3 years, the lower door glass shattered for no apparent reason. LG refused to correct the problem, only to offer repair for $385.00. No thanks, I found replacement parts online for much cheaper and repaired it myself. And most recently, after almost 5 years, the top oven broiler fired only intermittently, requiring me to attempt several restarts. And now, today, the broiler does not start at all. BTW, the Burner Control Knobs are not stainless steel, they are a painted plastic film which peels off in time ($85.00 @ to replace.).
Microwave Oven ($350.00): After about 2 years, 3 of the buttons on the keypad do not work. Since it is out of warranty, and LG was no help, I've learned to live with it.
Front Loading Washer ($1,199.99): For the 5 years that I've owned it, it's great when it works, but from time to time, it does not turn on. It requires a restart by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then a reconnect. Like magic, it works!
Please beware of LG. If buying, I suggest paying several hundred dollars more for the warranty service. But why must we buy insurance on products that LG claims to be so reliable?
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
- N o t h i n g
What I disliked
- Lg does not stand behind their products
- Total stonewall a serious defect
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "BEWARE OF MAP QUEST ROUTING INSTRUCTIONS! I have written a complaint to Mapquest. They have failed to contact me or make corrects to their mapping software. They..."
- "First time ever using a cleaning service and now I know why. We have roughly 3000 sq ft, 4 bedroom house. We had a walkthrough with a Merry Maid..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."