Lg Electronics - LG Garbage, No Help, Never Again!
In late 2011, we decided to upgrade several major appliances, going with all LG, trusting that they would have a reasonably long life.
Since then, these LG products have progressively given us problems.
Double Oven ($1359.00): After almost 1 year, the digital control panel failed. It was still covered under warranty, so that was replaced at no cost. Then, after about 3 years, the lower door glass shattered for no apparent reason. LG refused to correct the problem, only to offer repair for $385.00. No thanks, I found replacement parts online for much cheaper and repaired it myself. And most recently, after almost 5 years, the top oven broiler fired only intermittently, requiring me to attempt several restarts. And now, today, the broiler does not start at all. BTW, the Burner Control Knobs are not stainless steel, they are a painted plastic film which peels off in time ($85.00 @ to replace.).
Microwave Oven ($350.00): After about 2 years, 3 of the buttons on the keypad do not work. Since it is out of warranty, and LG was no help, I've learned to live with it.
Front Loading Washer ($1,199.99): For the 5 years that I've owned it, it's great when it works, but from time to time, it does not turn on. It requires a restart by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then a reconnect. Like magic, it works!
Please beware of LG. If buying, I suggest paying several hundred dollars more for the warranty service. But why must we buy insurance on products that LG claims to be so reliable?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- N o t h i n g
What I disliked
- Lg does not stand behind their products
- Total stonewall a serious defect
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bought a LCD 3/25/15. Even got extended warranty due to ha ing to store it for 3 months. Salesman said its the only way i will be safe. Opened it..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "My mother purchased a 35 inch LG Flat screen TV in December 2014 at Wal-mart during a black Friday event for my daughter Adrianna. It never gave us any trouble. Fast forward..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "First time ever using a cleaning service and now I know why. We have roughly 3000 sq ft, 4 bedroom house. We had a walkthrough with a Merry Maid..."
- "BEWARE OF MAP QUEST ROUTING INSTRUCTIONS! I have written a complaint to Mapquest. They have failed to contact me or make corrects to their mapping software. They..."