2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

In late 2011, we decided to upgrade several major appliances, going with all LG, trusting that they would have a reasonably long life.

Since then, these LG products have progressively given us problems.

Double Oven ($1359.00): After almost 1 year, the digital control panel failed. It was still covered under warranty, so that was replaced at no cost. Then, after about 3 years, the lower door glass shattered for no apparent reason. LG refused to correct the problem, only to offer repair for $385.00. No thanks, I found replacement parts online for much cheaper and repaired it myself. And most recently, after almost 5 years, the top oven broiler fired only intermittently, requiring me to attempt several restarts. And now, today, the broiler does not start at all. BTW, the Burner Control Knobs are not stainless steel, they are a painted plastic film which peels off in time ($85.00 @ to replace.).

Microwave Oven ($350.00): After about 2 years, 3 of the buttons on the keypad do not work. Since it is out of warranty, and LG was no help, I've learned to live with it.

Front Loading Washer ($1,199.99): For the 5 years that I've owned it, it's great when it works, but from time to time, it does not turn on. It requires a restart by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then a reconnect. Like magic, it works!

Please beware of LG. If buying, I suggest paying several hundred dollars more for the warranty service. But why must we buy insurance on products that LG claims to be so reliable?

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Oven.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: N o t h i n g.

I didn't like: Lg does not stand behind their products, Horrible customer service, Total stonewall a serious defect.

Comments