2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

In late 2011, we decided to upgrade several major appliances, going with all LG, trusting that they would have a reasonably long life.

Since then, these LG products have progressively given us problems.

Double Oven ($1359.00): After almost 1 year, the digital control panel failed. It was still covered under warranty, so that was replaced at no cost. Then, after about 3 years, the lower door glass shattered for no apparent reason. LG refused to correct the problem, only to offer repair for $385.00. No thanks, I found replacement parts online for much cheaper and repaired it myself. And most recently, after almost 5 years, the top oven broiler fired only intermittently, requiring me to attempt several restarts. And now, today, the broiler does not start at all. BTW, the Burner Control Knobs are not stainless steel, they are a painted plastic film which peels off in time ($85.00 @ to replace.).

Microwave Oven ($350.00): After about 2 years, 3 of the buttons on the keypad do not work. Since it is out of warranty, and LG was no help, I've learned to live with it.

Front Loading Washer ($1,199.99): For the 5 years that I've owned it, it's great when it works, but from time to time, it does not turn on. It requires a restart by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then a reconnect. Like magic, it works!

Please beware of LG. If buying, I suggest paying several hundred dollars more for the warranty service. But why must we buy insurance on products that LG claims to be so reliable?

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $2800. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lg Electronics and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about lg electronics oven from Lg Electronics was lg does not stand behind their products and total stonewall a serious defect , but reviewer liked n o t h i n g. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Maytag that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Lg Electronics.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Lg Electronics to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Lg Electronics?

Comments