A little over two years ago we replaced our GE Profile appliance package with LG products. Out of four purchased, we have had issues ranging from annoying to potentially harmful to our home and safety.

Two evenings ago, we had dinner simmering on our glasstop LG range. The sound that rang through the house was similar to a small caliber gunshot. As we jumped up to investigate, the house began to fill with a smoldering electrical smell. It was a matter of seconds for us to see that the glasstop of our range had a large crack running from front to back on the right side.

I immediately shut off power to the burner and removed the pan. Thankfully nothing was in the oven, and I was able to open the door and pull the oven away from the walls and cabinets, into the middle of the kitchen. I then removed the plug from the electrical source. The perimeter of the glasstop (the metal edge), was blazing hot, and the electrical burning smell continued to overwhelm everyone.

The burner area was covered in slivers of glass, thankfully the pan took the impact, not one of our family members. It took the range almost an hour to cool enough to examine the cooktop. To our surprise, the damage came from the underside and through the top.

Had someone been cooking over that burner with a smaller pan, it would have caused terrible injury.

Review about: Lg Electronics Range.

Comments

I also have a LG stove and the glass cook-top is difficult to clean. Besides, the enamel on the floor of the oven has become chipped since we got this stove. Cheap product but quite expensive, considering that it cost ~ $900 at Home Depot 2 years ago.