I purchased an LG Washer and Dryer from Home Depot in September 2010. The salesman talked me into also purchasing an LG Vacuum because LG was offering a $400.00 rebate on an LG Laundry & Vac Bundle.

The rebate information said I would receive my rebate in 6 to 8 weeks. I spent my Christmas money to buy the vacuum thinking I would have it back long before Christmas. I waited 8 weeks and when my rebate did not show up I tried the website given to check on rebates, www.acbpromotions.com/lgappliancerebate, but couldn't find a way to actually check the status of my rebate. I called the rebate center and was told the rebates had not been mailed yet and it would be another 6 to 8 weeks before they went out.

I called again a couple of weeks later and was told exactly the same thing, the rebates had not been sent out yet and there is no schedule or time frame available as to when they will be sent, please allow another 6 to 8 weeks.

I now have no money for Christmas and no hope of ever getting my rebate as the time frame keeps getting extended another 6 to 8 weeks.

THIS IS A SCAM!!!!

Comments

You should have brought your appliances at Best Buy b/c you saved the money instantly no mail in rebates there....

I bought a LG headset for $21 with the promise of a $20 mail in rebate, sounded too good to be true. 6 months later no rebate.

I have found out that many others have fallen for the scam, if you contact the company they merely tell you that they did not receive your original upc code and request that they send you the original upc code...

which you don't have anymore because you sent it to them.

Complete scam, and it looks like LG is doing it with vacuums too. I will not buy LG again