1.4

After a long time saving, a year and a half ago with my wife and I built our dream kitchen. However one mistake was made, we purchased all LG appliances.

About a week ago we noticed the floor swelling, and after pulling out the refrigerator a faulty oddly sized O-ring was discovered. This caused a considerable amount of damage to the kitchen. Phoning the local handyman I found out LG will only issue parts through one of their vendors.

After phoning LG I discovered one of these vendors also must come to the sight, charging $195 plus tax. I asked if I was able to just order the part, or find out where I could buy it, and was told that was not possible. All of LG's customer service is outsourced to a company in the Philippines. After asking to speak with a manager, I was promised to receive a phone call from an executive(who also was not an LG employee). This never happened, and I called back 5 days later.

I finally caved in and decided to buy the $195 O-ring(this will be the last LG purchase I make). Even this was a hassle, they can only book up to 5 days ahead their current schedule and 3 out of the 5 days were booked. They also could not give a proximity of when during the day they could come in, forcing me to take the whole day off work.

Refrigerator Model: LFX25778

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $2000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lg Electronics. The most disappointing about lg electronics refrigerator from Lg Electronics was no apparent resolution to my problem Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Maytag that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Lg Electronics.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Lg Electronics to other companies on our site.

Comments

LG refrigerators have had many problems. LG customer service is the worst.

They subcontract to small contractors to service their units. I had a problem with my unit and contacted LG. They gave me two contractors in my area. I called both and got an answering machine.

I believe these contractors are one man operations. I contacted another repair company which diagnosed my unit and reported a bad compressor. LG would not accept this diagnosis because the repair service is not an LG contractor. LG finally sent a service person who told me that there is nothing wrong with the compressor and that the freon lines are clogged.

He wanted $500.00 to repair the unit with no guarantee that it would work. I paid him his $80.00 service call fee and had another service company install a new compressor which solved the problem.

The LG contractor had lied. The compressor was only 21/2 year old and was still under warranty.

The LG contractor had either lied or was incompetent.