1.4

After a long time saving, a year and a half ago with my wife and I built our dream kitchen. However one mistake was made, we purchased all LG appliances.

About a week ago we noticed the floor swelling, and after pulling out the refrigerator a faulty oddly sized O-ring was discovered. This caused a considerable amount of damage to the kitchen. Phoning the local handyman I found out LG will only issue parts through one of their vendors.

After phoning LG I discovered one of these vendors also must come to the sight, charging $195 plus tax. I asked if I was able to just order the part, or find out where I could buy it, and was told that was not possible. All of LG's customer service is outsourced to a company in the Philippines. After asking to speak with a manager, I was promised to receive a phone call from an executive(who also was not an LG employee). This never happened, and I called back 5 days later.

I finally caved in and decided to buy the $195 O-ring(this will be the last LG purchase I make). Even this was a hassle, they can only book up to 5 days ahead their current schedule and 3 out of the 5 days were booked. They also could not give a proximity of when during the day they could come in, forcing me to take the whole day off work.

Refrigerator Model: LFX25778

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No apparent resolution to my problem.

Comments

LG refrigerators have had many problems. LG customer service is the worst.

They subcontract to small contractors to service their units. I had a problem with my unit and contacted LG. They gave me two contractors in my area. I called both and got an answering machine.

I believe these contractors are one man operations. I contacted another repair company which diagnosed my unit and reported a bad compressor. LG would not accept this diagnosis because the repair service is not an LG contractor. LG finally sent a service person who told me that there is nothing wrong with the compressor and that the freon lines are clogged.

He wanted $500.00 to repair the unit with no guarantee that it would work. I paid him his $80.00 service call fee and had another service company install a new compressor which solved the problem.

The LG contractor had lied. The compressor was only 21/2 year old and was still under warranty.

The LG contractor had either lied or was incompetent.