1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I have what was LG's top-of-the-line cell phone last year (the LG G5). It came with Android 6.0, since updated to 6.0.1.

One of the excellent features of Android 6 is that you can set it to read incoming text messages using the built-in text-to-speech ability. UNLESS you have an LG G5. On the LG G5 this feature simply does not work. I spent over an hour in "live chat" with an LG support person, with her explaining to me exactly how to put all the settings exactly where I already had them - and, of course, the Read Aloud function still did not work.

I then spent over two hours with a Verizon store salesman who also had the LG G5 as his own phone. Neither of us were ever able to get the function to work. LG of course promised to get back to me about it -- but never did. A couple of months later I contacted LG again -- I got a response telling me I should try doing a complete reset of the phone -- losing all my data and all my settings -- to see if that would make it work.

BUT when I asked if their tech had tried it and had the function working on an LG G5 phone, he admitted that he did not have access to this model phone. I told him, to get back to me when they had the feature working on an LG G5 phone. Of course I never heard from them again. Until about two weeks ago when LG started sending me daily SPAM advertising their new top-of-the-line V20 phone.

I had previously opted out of all advertising emails from LG, but they simply decided they didn't care what I wanted or didn't want - they wanted to sell me a new V20 (even though, of course, my G5 isn't even paid for yet).

OK, so far we have a company that releases a phone that disabled one of the features of the operating system without the company even knowing it; AND incompetent technical support; AND MORE incompetent technical support; AND the company deciding that spamming their customers is somehow a good idea -- BUT WAIT, There's More!

When I use the "Unsubscribe" link provided in their daily spam, it leads to an LG webpage to manage the email preferences for a totally different email address! And, oh by the way, when you go to the LG support website to use their "Contact Us" you have to choose the model number of your product -- but the drop down list of product numbers does not match their actual products.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of lg electronics cell phone from Lg Electronics. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Lg Electronics to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Maytag. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lg Electronics for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments