Below is the letter I wrote to LG. I also wrote to Kenmore & SEARS. Thus far, only LG has responded. Basically they told me it was my problem & there was nothing they could do. So I'm stuck w/a $2,000 plus shiny kitchen ornament & no idea when the thing will work again.

To whom it may concern,

Our 2 yr. old LG fridge ceased to work approx. 2 weeks ago. I realize it says Kenmore Elite on the front, but I also know LG made this fridge. It was the reason we bought it in the first place. We had a tech. come out & he quickly told us that it was the compressor & that this is a KNOWN issue with these LG fridges. Needless to say, we are not happy that our "nearly new" fridge is already an expensive headache.

What I would like to know is, will LG stand behind their product? There is no way a $2,000 plus fridge should have such serious issue 2 years into ownership. Not only have we not had a fridge for 2 weeks, we have been told the parts are very difficult to get since the replacement compressor is in such high demand. Also, we were told that it would be at least another 3-4 weeks before a tech. could repair the fridge, due to these fridges having such a high rate of repair. It is EXTREMELY difficult to live without a fridge. We have had to continuously buy ice & try to keep perishables cold using multiple coolers. In addition, we have had to spend a good amount of money on eating out, since it is nearly

impossible to keep meats, milk, and other items cold using coolers.

I always thought LG was a quality company that backed their products. Thus far, this has not been the experience with this LG product. We currently own 2 LG TVs, both bought within the last 2 years & an LG washer/dryer, which have been worry free thus far. Being that a refrigerator is an absolute necessity in a home, it is LG's responsibility to do the right thing. I sincerely hope LG will assist us with the issues we are having with this LG fridge. If not, this will absolutely be the last LG product we ever purchase.

I look forward to your response,

Best Regards - Todd Hoefler

Review about: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments