I bought an LG LCD HDTV in Sptember 2007 at a cost of $850. In October 2008 the motherboard was fried. After paying a $108 diagnostic fee, I was quoted $850 to repair it.

LG agreed to repair it for free. In October 2010, the TV has more motherboard issues. LG quoted a $75 diagnostic fee but will not cover the repair or parts.

The supervisor I spoke with explained that with higher technology and more computer parts there is a higher chance of malfunctions. I have a 15 year old Magnavox that has never had an issue.

Warning to all those who purchase LG electronics; They Sell Lemons and they claim no responsibility or accountability for their faulty products.

Needless to say, I will nerver purchase another LG product and will not recommend one to anyone I know.

Review about: Lg Electronics Tv.

Comments

#219231

Many years ago, LG was known in the U.S as Lucky Gold, and had an absolutely *terrible* reputation for quality. They disappeared from the market for several years and returned as LG.

I've had limited experience with them recently, but their small electronics seem about average. It seems though that the corporate culture has stayed in the stone age.