Bottom line: Both ice makers stopped producing ice twice (4 total calls to service center) in a 15 month period.

This new fridge came with the home I purchased in Nov 2014. The bottom ice maker stopped working after 11 months in Oct 2015. Technician showed me the reset button (not in the manual) and it worked again. He also explained the freezer door has a tendency to get slightly derailed causing moisture to freeze up the maker. He also showed me how to fix the track issue.

The top ice maker stopped working 2 weeks later (still in Oct). The phone service center talked me through finding the reset button (not in user manual). It worked.

The bottom ice maker stopped working again the next month (Nov 15). With holidays I didn't call it in until the top ice maker stopped working in Jan 16.

Because I didn't have a receipt, the warranty people were nice to honor the home purchase price for the first technician's visit. But, it cost me $225 (parts and labor) to have both ice makers replaced despite the issues arising during the original warranty period.

Other than that, no other complaints. The rest of the features work as advertised and it seems quiet to me.

Long story short, I think the ice makers should be more reliable and last longer than a year.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments