I bought four LG (Life's Good) appliances in 2015. The microwave no longer works (model LMV1683ST and matching fridge, dishwasher, and range/oven).

After a 20 minute hold, I was informed that it was the magnetron which has a 10 year warranty. I was then transferred to another service/warranty rep (put on hold again) so that she could get info on the service warranty. In order for LG to come out to fix "their defective" product, I will need to pay for service trips, AND pay for the cost of the repair or replacement. Also, the warranty starts the day you purchase the appliance, not the day it is actually delivered to your home.

I purchased the appliances from Lowe's in April. They were not in stock. They were delivered a month later in May. The warranty started in April BEFORE they were even delivered to my home!

The customer service rep kept pushing that I pay for an additional warranty should it malfunction again. REALLY??? It's defective, and they want me to purchase a warranty? The cost to repair this defective appliance is more than the appliance itself.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY LG products.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! The LG product line is truly a disappointment.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Lmv1683st Microwave.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments