I purchased a LG 24" monitor, mod#24P56HQ, in June 2014 from Best Buy, $199.00, and less than 3 months later it began uncontrolled flashing and rolling of screen images, and then black out completely that could only be stopped/reset by power disconnect & start. LG Customer service issues RMA# & I mailed back for repair or replacement as "warranty states". When replacement arrived I discovered a completely different model than I sent in. I got back a REFURBISHED, NOT NEW OR REPAIRED 24" unit, but a 25", mod# 25um65, that is at least 2" less in height than the one originally purchased. Note that Best Buy's agreement (stated by BB cust service) with LG monitor products (and perhaps even broader range of products) does not allow for in-store exchanges on defective products.

Upon inspecting the "replacement" unit and knowing I could not use it in the work I do, I followed up with LG cust service expressing my dissatisfaction and asked why I did not receive same class/model of product back and why a refurbished product much less. LG cust service responded in email stating verbatim "

The monitor you received is a new model that just came out...It's been a pleasure assisting you....", nothing more addressing why, interest to exchange for same model purchased, NOTHING! Calling BS on LG customer service. Extremely dissatisfied with LG monitor products and more with LG customer callous switch-a-roo.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Range.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: No in-store replacement, Defective monitor, Callous customer service response.

Comments