2.7
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We purchased a 55" LG TV in January/2017 in August/2017 it quit working. We contacted LG and they sent out a call to a local service company to repair the TV.

Fast forward 2 months they have been out 4x with no ability to repair the TV. Now we are told that the part required to fix the TV no longer is produced so get back in Touch with LG customer service, we did. They claimed because the TV was purchased on a closeout that they would not replace the unit but would refund our purchase price. I have jumped through every hoop they have told me too and have heard nothing from them.

I called this morning to check the status of our claim only to find out after 90 minutes they have no record of it??? How can a company operate like this? I reproduced all of my back up documents and they are now restarting a claim, sending me a box to ship the unit back to them and then hopefully sending me a refund check. My caution is this, buyer beware.

When they work, LG products are cool, but if you are one of the unfortunate folks to get a lemon...

you will fight long and hard to get any kind of help! Our saga is now in it's 3rd month thank goodness it was only a TV, can you imagine if this was a critical thing in daily life like your fridge?

Product or Service Mentioned: Tv Repair.

I didn't like: Hassle and length of open claim to resolution.

Comments