Purchased $2500 LG refrigerator at Home Depot. Supposed to get a $100 rebate from LG.

Submitted all required information the same day purchased product. It's been over two months and status shows pending. Have tried numerous times to contact rebate center with no luck. LG customer service says it is not their problem, rebates are handled by contract company.

Overall, HORRIBLE service from LG, Home Depot could care less. Buyer beware! Have found LG to be less than upstanding company on other products as well.

They do not have any local service techs, relying on contractors that want to be paid up front since they say getting reimbursed from LG can take months. So much for the warranty!

Comments

I NEVER.. NEVER IN MY LIFE GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM LG BECAUSE ALL ITS A BIG SCAM JUST PUT A COMPLAIN ON THE FEDERAL TRADE OF COMMERCE THEY GOING TO PUT A HUGE FINE ON THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE BIG LIARES AND STOLE MONEY FROM US

horrible customer service I bought 3 LG V10 have not recived my 100 on two of them called them more than 10 times and they dont know anything LG REBATE IS A ...BIG SCAM DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM PLEASE ..THANKS

I have had problems with lg bought a smartphone at Verizon and lg promised a 200 visa gift card. That was 60 days ago.

I have called 3 times and they say it's in the mail. They lie and are dishonest.

Verizon sucks for using this as a promotion. Class action suit anyone?

to Anonymous #1102235

I am having the same exact issue! I've called since early December, spoke with 5 different associates and 2 different managers and have got nowhere!

Just today I called again and they said it was mailed to me over a month ago with someone elses name on it, and if I wanted to talk to the card company then that person had to be present. RIDICULOUS!

to Anonymous Ocala, Florida, United States #1145389

Three LG G4s will never buy another lg product rebates have been applied for twice lg still says i do not exist in their rebate database. I also own an lg tv the products are actually pretty descent but i will not purchase another lg product because of this companies major lack of integrity sign me up for class action lawsuit.

to Anonymous #1433819

Doing the same thing to me over a 400 dollar gift card.

I received my rebate check, but the bank that it was issued from refused to cash it. So, not only did I not get the rebate, it cost me $12 in bank fees. I will never ever buy an LG product.

Yup, this LG rebate is a scam. Don't expect anything from these folk they are not going to process any sort of rebate. Even I had a similar experience like you guys

Please disregard my post 14-12-2010 as Home Depot kindly rectified my situation.

Don't worry, the new scam is when you send the form in on time now you get a letter a couple weeks later saying

"Your LG rebate could not be honored because: Your purchase date/time falls outside of the specified dates/time for this promotion. You do not qualify for this rebate".

Funny that Home Depot told me it was good when I purchased and to be sure to send it in before the end of the month. The online LG form showed the postmark deadline was also the last day of that month. Mine was sent 10 days before the end of the month. Never had a rebate issue like this before.

SCAM....SCAM...SCAM!!!!

7th and last major LG product ordered in the last 4 years. Good going LG, you saved a $100 and lost a lot more from the looks of it.

Limbiate, Lombardy, Italy #220913

I submitted my rebate in August for a washer/dryer + vacuum combo for $400, processed and approved, but never recieved my rebate either! I too have contacted LG and their rebate company to no avail. Customer service is horrible and I will never purchase an LG product again.

Active Consumer
#209089

Finally able to contact LG and ACB promotions concerning the $100 rebate. Excuses seem to be what both are best at and still have not received check or acceptable reason for delay.

ACB Promotions said it may be another 6-8 weeks. This seems like a test of wills and they hope I'll give up.

No one should have to go through this for a lousy $100. Never buy again any LG product

Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States #204420

LG is the old Gold Star appliance company. Remember the junk they used to make. Changed their name and their appliances are still junk.