Purchased 10 Sept., 2010
1. 3 months in, a piece of plastic in ice dispenser broke off and ended-up mixed with ice in glass. This piece was discovered while drinking from the class.
2. On 10 July the spring which controls the left door seal flap (called a mullion - 'SPRING FOR MULLION') broke and closing the doors now requires close attention, setting the position of mullion before closing. When closing the right door care must also be taken that the left door isn't forced slightly open/ajar because of air pressure of closing the right door - confirming that both doors are closed is now necessary. Finding this part has been difficult. Appliance parts distributors typically have the wrong part number because the original part number (4970JQ30160) has been discontinued by LG - new number MHY62044103. I wonder if LG has notified their parts distributors - doesn't seem so.
3. Freezer does not reach temperature selected on control panel; 4 - 5 degrees warmer than selection. The temperature has to be set by using a thermometer in the freezer. The freezer is kept full so there is little space (air) to cool.
The design/style is great but the quality of the parts/materials, operation and construction are poor.
I won't purchase ANY LG products again. Previous refrigerator, a Kitchen Aid ran for 25 years, and was still running fine when I upgraded to the LG.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Electronics Mhy62044103 Refrigerator Spring
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I purchased this Swagtron Swagway X2 on December 6th, 2016 because of the $199 sale... it's used and damaged..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "Bonjour les amis (es), Moi j'ai acheté une montre téléphone intelligente avec la fente pour puce. Elle est impeccable ! Elle fonctionne parfaitement. C'est vrais que le délais de livraison..."
- "I waited months for Auburn Chevrolet to get the parts necessary to fulfill the oil leak and ignition switch parts for the GM recall. I had the recall service work..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."