Purchased 10 Sept., 2010
1. 3 months in, a piece of plastic in ice dispenser broke off and ended-up mixed with ice in glass. This piece was discovered while drinking from the class.
2. On 10 July the spring which controls the left door seal flap (called a mullion - 'SPRING FOR MULLION') broke and closing the doors now requires close attention, setting the position of mullion before closing. When closing the right door care must also be taken that the left door isn't forced slightly open/ajar because of air pressure of closing the right door - confirming that both doors are closed is now necessary. Finding this part has been difficult. Appliance parts distributors typically have the wrong part number because the original part number (4970JQ30160) has been discontinued by LG - new number MHY62044103. I wonder if LG has notified their parts distributors - doesn't seem so.
3. Freezer does not reach temperature selected on control panel; 4 - 5 degrees warmer than selection. The temperature has to be set by using a thermometer in the freezer. The freezer is kept full so there is little space (air) to cool.
The design/style is great but the quality of the parts/materials, operation and construction are poor.
I won't purchase ANY LG products again. Previous refrigerator, a Kitchen Aid ran for 25 years, and was still running fine when I upgraded to the LG.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Electronics Mhy62044103 Refrigerator Spring
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "My email response to LG's diagnosis and estimate: "Just off the telephone with LG Customer Service after receiving this disturbing diagnosis email and estimate. The diagnosis is non-nonsensical, poorly written and..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."