Covington, Washington
2.0

Purchased 10 Sept., 2010

1. 3 months in, a piece of plastic in ice dispenser broke off and ended-up mixed with ice in glass. This piece was discovered while drinking from the class.

2. On 10 July the spring which controls the left door seal flap (called a mullion - 'SPRING FOR MULLION') broke and closing the doors now requires close attention, setting the position of mullion before closing. When closing the right door care must also be taken that the left door isn't forced slightly open/ajar because of air pressure of closing the right door - confirming that both doors are closed is now necessary. Finding this part has been difficult. Appliance parts distributors typically have the wrong part number because the original part number (4970JQ30160) has been discontinued by LG - new number MHY62044103. I wonder if LG has notified their parts distributors - doesn't seem so.

3. Freezer does not reach temperature selected on control panel; 4 - 5 degrees warmer than selection. The temperature has to be set by using a thermometer in the freezer. The freezer is kept full so there is little space (air) to cool.

The design/style is great but the quality of the parts/materials, operation and construction are poor.

I won't purchase ANY LG products again. Previous refrigerator, a Kitchen Aid ran for 25 years, and was still running fine when I upgraded to the LG.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of lg electronics refrigerator and associated monetary loss in the amount of $15. Lg Electronics needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lg electronics refrigerator in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lg Electronics. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Maytag.

Had an Experience with Lg Electronics?

Comments