Purchased 10 Sept., 2010
1. 3 months in, a piece of plastic in ice dispenser broke off and ended-up mixed with ice in glass. This piece was discovered while drinking from the class.
2. On 10 July the spring which controls the left door seal flap (called a mullion - 'SPRING FOR MULLION') broke and closing the doors now requires close attention, setting the position of mullion before closing. When closing the right door care must also be taken that the left door isn't forced slightly open/ajar because of air pressure of closing the right door - confirming that both doors are closed is now necessary. Finding this part has been difficult. Appliance parts distributors typically have the wrong part number because the original part number (4970JQ30160) has been discontinued by LG - new number MHY62044103. I wonder if LG has notified their parts distributors - doesn't seem so.
3. Freezer does not reach temperature selected on control panel; 4 - 5 degrees warmer than selection. The temperature has to be set by using a thermometer in the freezer. The freezer is kept full so there is little space (air) to cool.
The design/style is great but the quality of the parts/materials, operation and construction are poor.
I won't purchase ANY LG products again. Previous refrigerator, a Kitchen Aid ran for 25 years, and was still running fine when I upgraded to the LG.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Electronics Mhy62044103 Refrigerator Spring
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "I waited months for Auburn Chevrolet to get the parts necessary to fulfill the oil leak and ignition switch parts for the GM recall. I had the recall service work..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."