2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I am SOOOO disappointed with my LG experience. We have a refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer.

We have had problems with ALL of them, but the worst with the fridge and oven. We even have trouble with our LG Tv and Blu-ray player! I thought we made a smart decision with choosing LG 7 years ago, because they were the latest technology and trend. My best friend had bought all LG the year before and was happy with it...

But then the problems start (even with her). I have way too much to say if I speak of all the products, so I will focus on the fridge. The fridge stopped cooling with no warning whatsoever when it was 4 years old. We had to scramble to get a couple coolers with ice to save all our groceries.

I called LG but they wanted to charge an outrageous amount just for the service call, about $80 and they said that doesn't include fixing it. So if their estimate would be too high and I would want to go with someone else, they still get $80. So I called a local company who specializes in LG. Their service fee was only $25.

They came out and said it was either the compressor or a relay. If it is the compressor, it would be about $800, which is half the price of my $1600 fridge. Thankfully it was the relay, which was $125. But they can only guarantee the part for one year.

Worst of all, they didn't have the part on hand and had to order it. We lived with no fridge, out of a cooler, for 3 weeks! Sure enough, 2 years later, same thing happens right when we return from vacation. Thank God it didn't happen while we were away!

So once again, everything is melting and we have to scramble to save the food. This time they put a stronger relay, so it was $150, plus the $25 service fee, and they happened to have it, so the silver lining was we only lived out of a cooler for two days. But the tech said the compressor is extremely weak and I am lucky if i get another year or two max out of the fridge before it dies. At that point the fridge was only 6 and a half years old!!

I simply don't have the energy to fight with LG because of all the bad reviews I see on the customer service. So I want to warn all the consumers out there to prevent this from happening to them. Choose another brand...

On a side note, my stove/oven stopped working 6 weeks after the fridge went out the first time..great timing lol.

The digital panel stopped working after the numbers started fading months before. Well, because it's digital, you can't turn anything on. I wish I still had the old school one with the knobs because the digital panel cost $250! That's half the price of the oven.

And of course only one year guarantee on the part. Thankfully, it's been almost three years and so far so good. But if it happens again, I don't want to invest that much again into this piece of junk. How can LG be okay with doing business this way?!

And of course this stuff happens once it's out of warranty. We live paycheck to paycheck, so when this stuff happens, it really hurts us. We thought investing in high end products would pay off in the end, but we worked hard to pay off over $5,000 over a few years and got screwed :-( I did not get extended warranties because I believe if the company makes good products I shouldn't need to. What happened to products lasting??

I sound like my mother lol but they really don't make things with pride, like they used to. Her 20 year old fridge is still going strong!

If LG sees this, they should offer me some kind of credit out of good faith, but I have low expectations. Atleast I can warn the innocent consumers who work hard for their money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Quality of refrigerators, Not willing to fix the persisting problem.

Comments