1.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

• October 14, 2017 – I bought LG TV model number OLED65B7P from Costco for $2799 plus tax. TV works fine.

• A week later, TV automatically updated to new firmware 4.70.07, I started to have audio issues. The audio would stop when switching between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. I called LG tech support and they couldn’t resolve the issue over the phone so they setup for a local tech to visit to look into the issue. • November 3rd, 2017 – A tech from Paul's TV Company replaced the motherboard, problem resolved, the automatic firmware update was disabled and I was instructed not to update until the update after 4.70.07 • About two weeks later, I updated to the latest firmware 4.70.30.

Audio issue is back. Called LG and they setup another service call with Paul's TV Company. • December 1st, 2017 – The tech from Paul's TV Company attempted to reprogram the TV with instructions from LG. The attempt failed and the issue is still there.

The tech called LG tech support and after an hour of discussion and unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue, the remote LG tech informed the local tech that the TV was irreparable and instructed me to contact LG customer service for replacement options. The LG tech was going to enter notes in the file to state that the TV was irreparable. I immediately contacted customer service and uploaded a copy of the receipt as requested. I was informed that the replacement department would contact within 3 business days.

They didn’t. • A week later, I had Dave from Costco customer service on the phone with me and we contacted LG customer service. Jasmine stated that the LG rep from the December 1st call did not follow through properly and that she was going to make sure that someone would contact me within 5 business days. They didn’t.

She put us on a long hold while she contacted tech Sergey from Paul’s TV to confirm the problem. • A week later, I spoke with LG customer service rep Cheery (she said her # was 12034). She stated that Jasmine didn’t handle the issue correctly. She informed me that she would personally inquire with the replacement department and contact me on my cell phone on the following day.

She didn’t. • On the following day, I called and demanded to speak to a supervisor and after patiently waiting for a long time, the lady that I spoke with said that there were no notes from the tech to state that the TV was irreparable, so she initiated a third service call. Start all over again. • I like the TV and I would love to have a working version, but it obviously has an issue that cannot be repaired and LG informed me that there’s no later model to replace it with.

After spending many hours on the phone with LG, their customer service and tech support all failed to properly document the issue and follow through. Speaking to a rep that I had already spoken with was not an option as I was always told that the person was not available. Based on my experience so far, I have no reason to believe that starting over will go anywhere. LG tech support and customer is either incredibly incompetent or geniuses at eliminating customer issues.

No one enters proper notes and no one returns calls.

I have contacted the BBB, the California Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission, Costco customer service, and pissedconsumer.com. • I want a refund.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Defective product no support from lg, Do not stand behind their products, Entire interaction with lg customer service, No follow up, You can never speak to the same person.

Comments