Lg Electronics - LG Washing Machine Rusting in LESS than 2 years

14 of 752 Lg Electronics reviews

Bought a new LG Washer and Dryer, Washer model WT5001CW in 2011.In LESS than 2 years, rust began to develop around the bleach dispenser.

I do not use bleach in my clothes, only as directed to clean the machine monthly. I contacted their customer service and the rep read a script that rust was not covered. I asked her whether she felt that was acceptable to have the machine rust in less that 2 years. She had to put me on hold, then came back and answered "YES" that was NORMAL!!!!

SERIOUSLY LG???? I also purchased the extended warranty and was told RUST was not covered. My old Kenmore lasted 25 years without ANY issues. Lots of complaints on the web about it so they know their product is defective, yet choose not to support their products or customers.

I received an email to review the product and made my review to the company, stating the same as I am here and received an email back saying they REJECT MY REVIEW (see pic).

I will NEVER buy LG and nor will anyone I know if I can help it.Attaching pictures of the rusted machine...keep trying to cover with enamel white paint to stop the rust but it has eaten into the metal at this point.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Product rusted and company said this is normal

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Lg Wt5001Cw 4 5 Cu Ft High Efficiency Top Load Washer
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #931975 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lg Electronics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
14 of 752 Lg Electronics reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 10 #1224876 Irving, Texas, United States

"Lots of complaints on the web about it so they know their product is defective"
Why didn't you do your due diligence BEFORE buying that washer? It seems to me if you are too lazy to check online reviews before the purchase that you should have nothing to complain about after something goes wrong. I always check reviews before making a purchase.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.