Harpers Ferry, West Virginia

I purchased an above the range microwave on 7/6/2013 and had it installed on 9/5/13. The microwave quit heating about a week and a half ago. The power is on the timing goes, the turntable spins but it doesn’t heat anything.

I contacted LG on Thursday March 13, 2014 to set up service under the manufacturer warranty. They scheduled for Five Star Appliance to come to do service on Monday, March 17, 2014. I was home this day and wasn’t notified of the cancellation until that morning by Five Star at 8:56 AM. They said the driver couldn’t make it. I assumed this was due to weather. Five star could only do this on Wednesday or Friday but I couldn’t do Wed because I had a funeral to attend that day and I was not taking off another day to wait for someone to show up and them not show. It was later explained to me that Five Star was making deliveries but mine was cancelled with no reason given. I asked that if they could cancel me why couldn’t they cancel someone else to get mine. I left my home at 9:00 am and there was no snow on the roads. I called and spoke with a representative at LG on 3/17/14 at 10:05 am and they said the appt had not been cancelled in there system but she would contact Five Star and confirm the cancellation then cancel in LG’s system and find another company to come out. The phones were very busy so the representative said she would find out something and call me back. I called several hours later to find out the appointment had not been cancelled and the representative didn’t do anything. The other representative I spoke with didn’t understand that I did not cancel that it was the repair company. I called Home Depot to see if there was anything they could do. They called and were told I had an appt with Five Star today, the same company that called me that morning and cancelled and I had told LG twice that they cancelled with me. Home Depot received a number for the Executive Team to provide me with to get something resolved. I spoke with someone named Brenda and she said they would cancel and have a new company come out to my home at a time that was convenient for me. I had someone named *** later call me and said that BGH Electronics would be out on 3/21/14 and at a possible later time in the day. I received and e-mail on 3/17/14 at 1:54 PM from LG that this was in fact the case. On March 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM, I received a call from BGH electronics confirming my appointment and asking about the issue we were having again. He stated they would order the part and call when they are on the way. I contacted BGH on 3/21/14 at 5:12 PM, and a woman answered the phone and never asked my name. When I asked for a status of my appointment she became very rude and told me I never received a call from her company, all this without even asking who I was or any other information. When I asked if she wanted my name she just kept repeating they didn’t call me. She wouldn’t let me say anything or even give her the date and time I received the call from her offices. She further claimed LG doesn’t setup appointments for them. I called LG to find someone else since this company decided not to show up and were so incredibly rude. I am scheduled now with A&E for the repair service on 3/29/14. This will be my last attempt to receive service from LG. If this company doesn’t show I will be filing a claim with the WV Prosecuting Attorney and the Better Business Bureau against LG.

Luckily, Home Depot was nice enough to give us a loaner considering they realized how poorly I was being treated by LG and your so called approved service contractors. I was dealing with my 6 week old grandson being hospitalized on a feeding tube and my terminally ill mother-in-law and her passing when this all began, we were in the midst of planning her funeral while trying to deal with all this extremely poor customer service and incompetence from LG, Five Star and BGH electronics. This was the last thing I needed to be dealing with at this time. At one point, I became so frustrated I decided to call a local repair company and just deal with this at my own expense and they informed me they don’t repair LG products because they are so difficult to deal with and get parts. Go figure! The 3rd company they set up for service cancelled today. They have no other companies close by so i am screwed.

Comments