Buyer Beware!I purchased a LG French Door refrigerator in Aug of 2011.
The my delight with beauty of this refrigerator soon flew out the window. The outside surface of the fridge can only be cleaned with a micro fiber cloth...do not use a paper towel or you with scratch the surface. I did due diligence when choosing my new appliance...but this product has been trouble since the beginning. Thank goodness we bought the extended 48 mo warranty.
First of all the motor that keeps the the airflow activated in the freezer failed 3 times...My freezer frosted up continually, the ice maker would freeze up and thaw making a stream of water flow onto my wood floors, it took 3 service calls and and extension on the "extended" warranty to finally get the problem fixed...But today was the clincher..while cleaning the inside of my fridge with a room temp vinegar and water solution the glass shelf above the crisper drawers broke and flew into 1000 + pieces all over the fridge and my kitchen. I called the customer service heard the "we appreciate your business" recording...only to find out that the LG service contract would not fix my problem....ugh!! This could have been a very serious physical injury problem. Let alone the $50 I will have to pay to repair their faulty manufacturing.
it is not the $$$ it is their lack of concern or any attempt to help me with this problem...They take no responsibility for the problem. Come on how could the $50 hurt LG.
The customer service at LG stinks to put it nicely stinks...I repeat BUYER BEWARE!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "The drum to my LG washer broke in February 2014. I called LG and they had their tech come. I was advised that it would cost $525 to..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "I purchased the Delonghi Pinguino portable AC 12,500 btu unit at Costco today for close to 400.00. What a hassle it was to bring the unit home and lug it..."
- "Ordered online through Haggar.com what I thought would be quick & easy. Received wrong item first time, called & made arrangements for them to reship. Returned wrong item via..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "Calling every week this is the 10th time. Told me couple time i will still get my number i want to get call back press blaah blaah no one haven't..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."