I would like the LG Senior Managers, the Sears Store Manager and anyone else who could help us in this situation, to receive a copy of this letter.

My family has been without a fridge for 2 ½ weeks and no one seems to care to push this to a priority level. The refrigerator’s compressor went out, which has a 7 yr warranty. The fridge was purchased in 2010, from Sears, along with an entire line of kitchen appliances.

July 9, 2013 We woke up to water all over our laminate floor and all of our food was warm and thawed out. I called a local appliance repairman and they said they worked on LGs. I set up an appointment for July 15.

On July 15, the appliance repairman came and diagnosed our fridge. He said the compressor went out and he doesn’t work on LG compressors, that we need to call LG’s repair department.

On July 15, 2013 we contacted LG and spoke with ISHA (this may or may not be a person for all we know). We explained the problem and he told us he would submit the case to the locator department and it would be 3-5 business days for them to locate a servicer in our area.

July 22, 2013, 6 business days later, we still hadn't received the 3-5 business day call letting us know if LG found a servicer in our area. We contacted LG and got ISHA again. He "apologized" for the delay and said we needed to continue to wait. We asked how long we’re expected to wait. He said, “If it is over 10 days we can submit for replacement.”

July 24, 2013 I called LG to let them know we could not physically wait until LG choose to find a servicer in our area. Something they obviously couldn't do. I told them I wanted the case passed on to the replacement department. I spoke with Jon who couldn't do anything for me. He tried to tell me I needed to indefinitely wait for the locator dept to call us. I insisted on being transferred to a supervisor, which he replied they were all gone for the day. I refused to hang up until I was transferred to someone in an authority position. Chris got on the phone and said he was a supervisor. He asked us to scan and email our Sears receipts and he would push it to the Case Progression unit. Chris called us back, from a blocked number, and said the scans were not legible & we needed to have Sears reprint them.

July 24, 2013 Having no faith in LG to follow through with their warranty or word, I called A & E Services to see if they’d be able to find someone to service the fridge. I spoke with Amanda who told me the soonest would be August 14 (3 weeks!) for someone to even be able to come look at it. She said the servicer would not be able to come with a compressor since they don’t order parts before the diagnosis.

July 25, 2013 We went to Sears and received a reprinted receipt, which we scanned and emailed to LG.

July 26, 2013 This would have been our “10 business days” end. It was at this time ISHA said the case would be submitted for replacement –something that was NEVER done.

July 28, 2013 I called LG and spoke with Barb. I didn’t provide any information about our case, just simply asked her where it was at in the process. She said it passed the Case Progression Department on July 26, 2013 and it’s been forwarded to the DR department and that we need to wait 3-5 business days for them to call us. They will now work on getting us a replacement fridge since they can’t find anyone to fix it. I clarified, with Barb, that the receipts where legible and it passed the CPS unit. She said yes.

July 29, 2013 I went into Sears and spoke with the Appliance Manager, Josh. I explained my family’s situation & needed to see if there’s anything Sears would do to stand behind the products they sold or the service their supplier is providing us. Josh told me that since the 1 year warranty is up and we didn’t purchase the extended warranty, the only thing he could do would be to e-mail A & E to see if our service date could be pushed up. I questioned the 7 yr warranty the LG fridge has on its compressor. The response I got was “most appliances don’t have that step warranty anymore.” I have yet to receive an update as to whether or not the service date was moved up.

July 31, 2013 It’s been 3 business days since our case was forwarded to the DR department and we haven’t heard anything. With our LG customer service track record, I felt obligated to call and check on our case. I got Ruth. Ruth proceeded to tell me that NOTHING had been done with our case since we emailed LG our reprinted receipt. She said Jon didn’t follow through with sending the info to the CPS department. I couldn’t believe it! I asked her how Barb could confirm that our case had been moved to the DR dept without me telling her anything about our case. No answer. I demanded to speak with a supervisor. My family has been without cold fold for 2 ½ weeks. We had to purchase a dorm fridge just to have some meat, milk, and vegetables. Ruth proceeded to tell me all of the supervisors leave at 7p but if I give her my number, she will call me in the morning and transfer me to a supervisor – when I’m at work and it’s convenient for LG. That’s great customer service! I waited on the line as I insisted Ruth move my case to the CPS unit. She said it would be 3-5 business days for them to review my case, when on July 24 Chris, the Supervisor, told me it takes 24-48 hours for the cases to go through CPS. That’s a difference of 3 days!

This kind of service is unacceptable. I cannot believe the Senior Managers of LG would be proud to stand behind and tout this kind of customer service. LG knows our hands are tied. Not one customer service representative has found it important to escalate our case, provide one on one service, nor seem to care. LG can provide the script for the CSRs to apologize but that apology falls on deaf ears when nothing, for 2 ½ weeks has been done to help us get our refrigerator fixed or replaced.

When does LG stand behind their product?

I am expecting an outreach call from someone in a management position that can move our case to resolution. I am going to make sure this letter is sent to every LG executive that I can Google. This is beyond unacceptable!

Contact information:

Lisa Garcia 701-471-4206 (cell)

701-328-3024 (work)

Review about: Lg Electronics Refrigerator.

Comments

Tucson, Arizona, United States #726617

I totally agree, My dryer has not worked right since day one. Horrible customer service, its a joke!

When they couldn't fix the dryer they simply told the repair tech it was a mis-print in the owners manual. Their own service dept said that.

Of course he was dead wrong. I will never ever buy another LG product even if it was a $1

Lisa,

I have been experiencing multiple repair problems with a refrigerator that is less than I year old. I have spent hours on the phone and the best response I got was from the Executive Solutions Team in Huntsville, AL. Try them at 1-877-543-8325.

Good Luck