Bought an LG refrigerator in October 2017. It quit cooling on July 21st. As of today, August 17th a repair tech from a Service Center recommended by LG has been out 4 times. They have replaced the fan and all air ducts, confirmed that there is no obstruction and cold air is still not getting to the fresh food section.

Call LG this morning. They NOW want to send out an LG Tech which will be the 5th time that either me or my husband have had to stay home from work to wait. I was told this information after I stayed on hold for 40 minutes. I guess they thought they could wait me out... I have asked for a replacement then they tell me an LG tech has to come out. Why didn't you send one in the first place since this refrigerator is still under warranty.

After 4 attempts from a service company LG recommended and 40 minutes on hold, my refrigerator is not fixed and they just really seem to not care that I have now been without it for a month!!!

My refrigerator is the basic French door with pull out bottom freezer. No ice / water dispenser. Your basic refrigerator. How hard can this be????

I have zero confidence in the product even if they can fix it and chances are it will have an issue again as soon as it is out of warranty.

Preferred solution: Replacement or Refund to purchase a better product.

Comments

LG Electronics

I can definitely understand your frustration with having a refrigerator, that’s under a year old, stop working. Having multiple failed repairs and being without a refrigerator for a month is concerning to hear.

Please accept my apologies for the poor customer service, and allow me to make it up to you by following the provided link so I can gather some more details to resolve this issue. ^KH https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?id=WEB_100_sg_C9A025799EA50CA788B6EE30EA0C1456&agent=4491461

h.kitchener

At least you were wise and bought a basic, no-frills fridge. For all the trouble you have had with the fridge and LG, I would just wander over to Lowe's and buy a new one---not an LG or some foreign-sounding brand---and Lowe's will deliver it for free and haul the junk LG away. You might want to look up LG appliances as far as reviews, etc., but given their reluctance to help you, the customer I think I would never buy that brand again.